Monday, March 25, 2013

Tarte Aqualillies Collection for Summer 2013

Tarte's new, limited-edition Aqualillies Collection for Summer 2013 was inspired by America's most glamorous synchronized swimming group, the Aqualillies. I think that's really cool. In my high school and college days, I practiced synchronized swimming - over and over and over again, holding my breath as I executed the hardest and longest moves with my team. I love the recognition Tarte is giving the sport.

The seven splash-proof products in the collection appear to be right on trend - from aquas to pinks and peach-corals. Just click on the photo above to enlarge it and get a better look. You can get a sneak peek of the collection today at Tarte.com (watch the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATLAKrwRDU&feature=youtu.be). Otherwise, you'll have to wait until April to see it at Tarte retailers.

Photo courtesy of Tarte

16 comments:

Evelyn said...

Since you finally convinced me to buy the Estee summer palette I'm going to continue my blue theme possible with this shimmering turquoise liner. Maybe it will be interesting on me!

Lauren said...

The eye and cheek palette looks amazing. I hope the quality is there.

Kim said...

I like the pretty packaging tho what is Amazon Clay??

Charlestongirl said...

Kim, see this link for your answer: http://tartecosmetics.com/page/amazonian-clay.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lauren,

It always is with Tarte. I've had only one disappointment over the years, and that was because a product was hard to remove.

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn, I am hoping to get that liner soon. I'll show it here if/when I do.

Melanie said...

Love that video! The liner brush looks like something that I need. Love, too, how they show the coloured liner done glamorously. It's a summer for fun! Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Oooh and water baby collection! I like the clever arrangement of the eye and cheek palette. Separate compartments are wonderful, less creative and aesthetically pleasing perhaps, but functional with far less transfer between shades. I also really like the look of the splash gel liner.

Claire said...

Hi CG,
To be honest, I have never tried Tarte products, but now that you featured it, I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing.

Claire

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Their video is so cute!! And those girls are gorgeous. I'm in!

solanace said...

The eye and cheek palette is very cute. The nude colours look very wearable and the turquoise blue is a nice accent that keeps things interesting.

Syncronized swimming must be really hard (and a great workout)! I love watching it. Do you still swim, CG? Swimming regularly does wonders to me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Solance,

I don't swim anymore - mostly because I have no place to swim. Can't join a pool because it would be a waste of money. With work, the blog, and "life in general," there's no time left.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Melanie!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi wwendalynne,

I want that palette!

Charlestongirl said...

Claire, you must! Tarte makes great makeup, and their formulas are good for us.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

That video is indeed fabulous. They didn't do anything particularly difficult, but they looked so good while they were performing. :)