Friday, March 1, 2013

Dior Pink Champagne Collection Twinset Eyeshadow Duo - Exclusive to Neiman Marcus

When Dior introduced two Twinset Eyeshadow Duos ($30) with the Chérie Bow Collection for spring, I was less than enthusiastic. The colors - pink and grey - didn't move me, so I didn't purchase them. When I found the Pink Champagne Collection at Neiman Marcus, I almost overlooked the exclusive, limited-edition Twinset Eyeshadow, and that would have been a mistake.

Let's address the collection name, Pink Champagne, for a minute. There's nothing rose gold about it. The collection includes colors that are either champagne or pink. There's nothing in the collection that's the shade of pink champagne.

The Twinset Eyeshadow Duo from this collection offers a subtle champagne sparkle for the eyes. The duo eye shadow pens create the perfect flirty eye. On one end, there is a creamy pencil that can be used as a shadow or eyeliner, and on the other there's a blending tip to apply the shimmering eye shadow housed inside the cap. It's a pretty cool two-in-one idea, as long as you like the colors. I like the two golden "Pink Champagne" colors.

I took swatch photos under a milky sky, but there was enough light to get a few that are reasonably representative. At the top of my arm, I applied a swatch of the crayon alone. Below that, I applied the powder shadow alone. At the bottom, I applied the crayon first and then topped it with the powder.

As you can see, these are very subtle golds, with the crayon offering more yellow gold and the powder much like a champagne gold. They enhance, but it don't shout - one reason I'm very pleased with this Twinset. It shimmers, but the sheer color allows the overall effect to be quiet and elegant.

Because of the pen-like housing, the Twinset Eyeshadow Duo is ideal for applying or refreshing your eye shadow on the go. I'm thinking of putting it in my handbag for those days when I need a lift around 3:00. In office or not, the Pink Champagne (champagne gold) will supply it. It's a nice little extra to have at the ready.

This collection is available online at NeimanMarcus.com. If you would like to work with a Dior representative, call (703) 761-1600 and ask for the Dior counter (extension 3787), then ask for Ewa McDonald (pronounced Eva). Or you could call a fantabulous sales associate, Marilyn Schubert at the same phone number, requesting extension 3286. I'll be back before too long with one Dior Vernis from the collection.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It doesn't look "Pink" at all to me, for which I am profoundly grateful! (my eyes are too red, even for my beloved "Rosegold" from Bobbi Brown). But the gray just didn't do it for you? No shimmer?? ;-)

so said...

Ooh, I love these colors. So pretty. I'll have to see if I can't get these. Thanks for showing them to us.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

I just thought the grey was boring. I must have hundreds of them.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, so!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog because you a) write about your passion with style b) aren't reviewing freebies with all the moral gymnastics that must involve and c) are a fair-skinned blonde mature woman like me! Sadly, living in the UK I usually want to buy what you show and have a long wait till we get it, if ever, but keep up the good work!

Susan

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Susan!

I really don't understand why the big-name houses aren't available in Europe or the U.K. or things like why we get Chanel before France.

Claire said...

Hi CG,
The "layered" swatch (aka the powder + pencil) looks somewhat pink.. well maybe when I squint and look at it from a feet away :-) I have high hopes for the twinsets, though. I may check this out. The problem with NM is that their return policy is quite stringent and my local NM often don't carry full range of product, so there is no way for me to try this out. Thanks to you (who have diligently swatch the new releases) I am able to narrow down my choices.

Claire

Bettina said...

very pretty

angusmum1 said...

I had a stila eyeshadow/pen with the same layout. I didnt really like it but maybe ist was due more to the colour and the quality of the pencil which wasnt very good. the idea was good in theory but just didnt work well, I see they have been discontinued. Of course the quality difference is huge. For someone like me it is an accident waiting to happen. These are part of the spring line , limited edition? When its LE does that mean it is available until the next collection or??