Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Color Theory Shadow Block - Elemental from the Emerald Collection

The moment I saw this piece from the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Emerald Collection, I wanted it. After what seems like months of waiting, the Emerald Collection is finally available. I dipped my toes in the water with the Color Theory Shadow Block - Elemental ($26). There are two other Shadow Blocks, one of which is calling my name.

Like its predecessors, this palette rivals any luxury eye shadow palette in packaging and quality. The emerald and white fitted box is special. Plus, I love the magnet closure. Here is a photo showing the clear top swung open.

The three shades in this palette are Emerald Shimmer (to celebrate the Color of 2013), Appleblossom, and Camel. I'm not really sure which shades are Appleblossom and Camel, but I'm going to assume that the darker matte neutral shade is Camel and the sparkling lighter neutral is Appleblossom. Two of the three shades in this palette are exquisite, but I think a better choice could have been made with the matte color.

Enhance and invigorate your eyes with this shadow palette that delivers a pearlized, sheer finish for a more natural look. The reflective properties of diamond dust and micro-fine platinum powder diffuse light, creating a luminous soft-focus effect. The neutral tones featured in this palette draw out a new facet of Emerald, highlighting the Color of the Year as a perfect everyday accent. No matter how you wear Emerald - from subtle to dramatic - its universally flattering tone complements and intensifies every iris.

I took swatch photos yesterday in full, morning sunshine. I swatched each shade with a sponge-tipped applicator.

The Emerald shade is drop-dead, exuberantly exquisite. I can't imagine how it could get prettier.  What a kockout!

What I am assuming is Camel is muddy on my skin. I can blend it with Appleblossom to give it some life, but I don't like mud on my eyes. If you can wear very warm light browns, you will feel differently about it, I'm sure.

The shimmering golden beige is gorgeous. I could live in it. It sets off the Emerald so perfectly that I'm thrilled they live together in the same palette.

The Emerald Shade is available in different finishes in other palettes. For example, Emerald Glitter is featured in the Shadow Box Eclipsed, and "plain" Emerald lights up the Shadow Box Bionic. There's also a Color Code Prismatic Shadow Block single eye shadow in Emerald. So many choices! I think I may have the best one, but the only way to find out whether I need more is to order them online or go to a Sephora. Hmm...I have a few things to return. I think I have a new mission.

Don't you think this palette is worth every cent of the $26 price, plus more - despite the muddy shade hiding among two beauties? You can find the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Emerald Collection at Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Nemo said...

A little late, but I wondered what your 88-year-old friend bought at Mazza?

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have thought that this would swatch so pretty! Gorgeous!

Joey said...

This is shockingly pretty. Who knew that Sephora made such lovely products?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

I don't feel I should disclose what that elegant woman bought. I've already make her a star. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Chris,

The color is magnetic, along with the compact. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Joey,

Shockingly pretty! Great way to describe it. Actually, the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE colors have all been extraordinary.

Ellen said...

What you call muddy I call perfect! It would have been too circusy if the bright shade were mixed with all metallics. I'm always on the lookout for amazing matte warm browns, I just can't imagine ever wearing the green shade. Does Sephora/Pantone offer any of these colors as singles?

lovethescents said...

This is a palette that might prove to be a little bit too hard to resist. Love the colours....they scream summer to me!

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, only the Emerald, which is the Pantone Color of the year. Check out the entire collection. Lots of green.

I knew someone would find Camel the cat's meow. :)

Charlestongirl said...

The colors do, Lovethescents, and the price is right.

Ginny said...

Who would've thought the colors would turn out so pretty? Thanks for the swatch and review. Will definitely stop by Sephora sometime and check it out!

DustyJil said...

I am very late to post. I have been admiring this palette everytime I have walked by it in Sephora. It's now on sale, so I can't resist. Thank you for the review and swatches!