Monday, April 8, 2013

Bye Bye Hellocoton and Google Reader

How do you follow Best Things in Beauty? If you follow by Hellocoton, it will be gone on April 11. I am removing it from my sidebar. Google has announced that it is discontinuing Google Reader too.

If you are following by one of these methods, your BTiB news will cease. Please choose another option. I'd love to tell you which I recommend. I need to do some homework first. That will take me a few days. Of course, you can always follow by e-mail subscription, bloglovin', and Google Friend Connect.

Photo courtesy of Hellocoton

8 comments:

tika said...

i use feedly :D
easy to use !

Charlestongirl said...

I need to investigate Feedly. A lot of folks like it. Thanks Thika!

Gauri said...

I've heard Google Friend Connect is also going to be discontinued & so is feedburner from July 1. You've to migrate now to a new reader & feed burning program!! :(

Unknown said...

Feedly is great! I switched over from Google Reader. They have a mobile app and you can also access your feeds from your browser on your laptop or computer. I tried out A LOT of different ones and I found Feedly to be the easiest and most fun to use!

Elysse said...

Please do write more after you've done your research. I tried a few on my blogs and kepts coming back to gfc as it was the one most people were using. So confusing! why do they have to discontinue it!

Charlestongirl said...

Gauri,

GFC has already been discontinued for all non-Blogger blogs. Feedburner will continue to burn feeds, but will not have all the extras it used to offer.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lipstick Vanessa,

I am trying to figure out now how to put a Feedly badge on my blog.

Charlestongirl said...

Elysse,

There are no immediate plans to discontinue GFC for Google Blogger blogs, and mine is a Blogger blog.