Friday, April 12, 2013

Coming Attraction: Guerlain Terra Ora Collection for Summer 2013

I've been waiting to show you Guerlain's Terra Ora Colection for Summer 2013. I had photos, but they weren't the best. I am so impressed with this elegant collection that I waited for great photos. Here's the collection, along with the press on it.

Guerlain’s 2013 Terra Ora collection is an invitation to summer. Using white and gold tones, which are showcased through stunning product composition and imagery, the Terra Ora assortment provides an unexpected and gorgeous contrast by playing with light and shadow, maximizing radiance, and enhancing the inherent beauty of sun-kissed skin.

Guerlain’s newest, limited-edition signature compact. Terra Ora ($72) is composed of a pearly white gold and matte beige, which highlight and sculpt the face and décolleté. Terra Ora works for all skin tones and comes encased in a beautiful wooden mirror case with magnetic closure. Want a pro tip for application? Starting at the outer area and finishing with the inner gold circle, swirl your brush in an “O” shape for that perfect hint of bronze and gold all at once.

The sheer, luxurious, limited-edition Météorites Perles Les Ors Primer ($71) base uses a combination of three different gold pearls to reveal a brighter complexion. White pearls illuminate the skin, while pink and yellow pearls add a rosy glow and a subtle shimmer. The lightweight gel texture makes this primer perfect for setting makeup in warmer weather, or on its own to enhance the skins’ natural radiance.

Khôl Me Kajal ($37.000 is Guerlain’s newest eyeliner - a permanent addition to the line. It is ultra-pigmented to leave a deep, long-lasting impression. The precision tip and ingenious pen shaped design allow for easy manipulation, enabling it to be used as liner or eye shadow.

I'm going to bawl if I can't have this whole collection. When I saw the limited-edition Loose Powder Eye Shadows ($35.00), I gasped. The secret for beautiful eyes this summer, Guerlain’s loose iridescent eye shadows give an immediate metallic result with only one light application. The shadows are available in two easy-to-wear shades: Cuivre Ora, a warm and sensual copper, and Bronze Ora: a timeless bronzed brown.


Guerlain offers this pro tip: For a classic look, sweep directly on the eyelid, follow with a neutral beige or brown into the crease, and follow with Maxi Lash mascara.

Look at the limited-edition Terra Nerolia ($69.00)! This exquisite oversized face and body bronzer showcases a dazzling sun icon comprised of shimmering peach, bronze, and gold shades. When marrying the three shades together with each brushstroke, the gold infuses throughout, resulting in a subtle satiny sheen. In line with the Terracotta collection, Terra Nerolia is scented with the alluring tiare flower. Swoon!

For a subtle, natural-looking summer bronzed complexion, Guerlain suggests you start your appliation at the top of the compact and sweep the letter “S” to achieve the perfect balance of bronze, gold, and peach.

The treasures continue. Two limited-edition Shine Automatiques ($35.00) comprise the newest additions to Guerlain’s legendary Shine Automatique collection, offering lips a second-skin texture and luminous shimmer all in one. Corail Ora is a luminous warm coral shade with gold tone iridescence, offering color that is wearable and oh-so-trendy.

Bianca Ora is a semi-transparent white gold that can be worn alone or as a top coat to create a shiny wet effect.

Lingerie de Peau BB Cream, SPF 30 ($51.00), which I mentioned this morning, is a permanent addition. Guerlain’s first Beauty Booster, Lingerie de Peau BB Cream offers skin protection, hydration, color correction, and even tones through a fresh, lightweight texture. Its benefits are proven with staggering results: over 97% experienced fresh and beautiful skin all day long. I've got more information about it and will share it tomorrow.


This beautiful Terra Ora Kabuki Brush ($55.00) is a limited edition exclusively designed for Guerlain bronzing powders. Dense and qualitative natural hairs pick up a generous amount of product and smoothes it evenly onto the skin, resulting in flawless, streak-free color.

Guerlain’s Terra Ora collection will be available beginning in May 2013 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and Bergdorf Goodman - and of course at the Guerlain Boutiques. The Terra Nerolia Bronzer will be available beginning June 2013.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain

30 comments:

beano54 said...

hi joAanne
these products lookamazing

Jo said...

What an absolutely beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, lovely collection! I look forward to your swatches.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Beano,

Who is JoAnne?

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Jo. I'm not sure we have enough superlatives for this collection. :)

Elysse said...

Words are not enough. I just gasped.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elysse,

Gasp is the right word!

Mary Ann said...

I'm drooling, so beautiful! I really don't need another bronzer, but the Terra Nerolia is stunning.

wendy said...

hi!! i kinda have a "guerlain fetish". loose eyeshadows?? i never tried these. wouldn't they have lots of fall out? i don't understand why they didn't offer a pressed version? i know they just came out with new glosses but, i sure miss the terracotta glosses that usually come with their summer collection. anyway, this is the most "neutral collection" that i like so far compared to chanel's and dior's. i'm not sure i want to be a butterfly or a peacock this summer. well, i would love to try guerlain's offerings. i loved last years, used everything down to the "silver" pan. thankyou for posting!! xxxxxxx

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, these "stick like glue." No need to worry about fallout.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann,

If anyone doesn't need another bronzer, it's me! Still, I'll melt if I can't have these.

Little Red said...

Must have!

Dawn Fields said...

Good God! I've never seen anything so beautiful! I want...no, I need!

Evelyn said...

oh my! I want everything! lol

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Little Red, Dawn, and Evelyn. I want it all.

Anonymous said...

I do not need another bronzer....I do not need another bronzer.....oh my resistance might very well be futile. What a gorgeous collection! Claudia

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Claudia, none of us (myself and most of my readers) "need" another bronzer. The Guerlain newness is half the fun!

Unknown said...

I wonder how these new loose shadows will compare to the BareMinerals High Shine Eye Colors. Similar applicators/packaging at the very least!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Oh no - just as I thought that I could actually, maybe, cut down on spending this summer - there isn't a single thing here that I don't covet! Will have to ask my boss for a few hours overtime :)

Marina said...

Thanks for brightening my day. This is what makeup is all about..exciting. Really stunning

Marina

Meredith said...

I feel confused over the Terra Ora compact and the Terra Neroli. I am guessing that the Ora would be better for sculpting as it doesn't have the peach shade like the Neroli does. Could anyone describe the differnce?

Eileen said...

Hi Meredith,

The Terra Ora is more of a bronzer/highlighter whereas the Neroli is more of a bronzer/blusher. Of course, you can swirl everything together in which case Terra Ora would lean more gold and Neroli would lean more coral, but you can also pick up a bit more or a bit less of the highlighting or blush shade in the middle to use separately or to alter the tone of the bronzer. Which one would be best for you would depend on your skin tone and how you want to use the product. Because I have the golden Sun in the City from last year and I have several standard bronzers, Neroli is the one I'm waiting to try :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Erin, Guerlain has offered these before. They don't really behave like loose shadows. They apply from their own applicators more like pressed powders.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Too Busy,

Yeah, me too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Meredith,

I don't think anyone in our set has seen them in person, but I'd guess Eileen is right. Both will have a lot of bronze/brown in them. Summer at its best!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marina!

I agree. Makeup like this cheers me right up.

Anonymous said...

This collection is utterly gorgeous! Curiously, the product I am most interested in is the primer. I've had great success with Guerlain primers and I'm getting skinny on my existing one--the one with the gold flecks--so this is definitely on my list.

Pinayfrench said...

This collection is absolutely stunning. Want them all

bedazzled64 said...

Oh my gosh, I want just about all of it. This collection is to die for, and that's exactly what my wallet is going to do! I have to have this!!

Anonymous said...

Geesh that highlighter is calling me, so is that bronzer. I have dark skin already, but have yet to find a bronzer that gives me the Cleopatra look, because most of them have to much sparkle in them and no gold effects. But Guerlain gets me alone, just for their packaging lol......

Anonymous said...

is terra ora more gold as terra inca would be rose gold? thanks! would love a post on terra bronzers as it seems you have quite a collection and hard to find any blogs with all of this info together!