Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Summer 2013 Face & Eye Palette - Bronze All-Over Palette Swatched

I hyperventilated when I first saw Giorgio Armani Beauty's Bronze All-Over Palette ($88). I wasn't expecting to see summer so early. Now that it has arrived, I can give you the name on the box: Summer Collection 2013 Face & Eye Palette. This one may be the best ever.

Inspired by pleated lamé, this allover bronzer is this summer's must-have. Use all over for a sun-illuminated complexion.

That was only the top level. The lower tier includes three stunning, coordinating eye shadows. Armani has also included the ubiquitous sponge-tipped applicators on the bottom tier.

These colors work perfectly for me. The amber-toned bronzer is even better than I anticipated, and the eye shadows may become my daily reach-for shades.

I took photos in full, early afternoon sunshine, and I swatched using a sponge-tipped applicator - something you'd never do when applying a bronzer. I wanted you to be able to see the shades well. The bronzer is shown at the top of my arm. I swatched the eye shadows as they appear above from left to right, starting at the top of my arm with the highlighting pewter at the top of my arm.

Each of these colors offers a subtle shimmer - nothing over the top, but enough to add life - and love in my case. The bronzer could not be more perfect. You can wear it as an eye shadow or anywhere on your face, neck, or décolletté. It's a beautiful color to make you shine. Not too dark, not too light, not too sparkling, not at all boring.

The eye shadows will show off your summer look with shimmering pewter, peach, and a gorgeous medium brown. I see bronzer, pewter lids, accented with peach, and brown eyeliner. The look will be a pure Armani glow.

When I was swatching the pewter shade, I saw a slight hue of rose gold in it. Look hard. Do you see what I did?

If I say much more, I'll start gushing. You all know that Giorgio Armani makes quality makeup, so I don't need to tell you that the colors will stay where you apply them - or that it will make you glamorous. Anyone who wants a lift (in mood or looks) needs Armani's Summer 2013 Face & Eye Palette.

So far, I have not seen it at local Armani counters, but you can order it from the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site, and it will arrive at your door before you know it.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bronzer looks stunning. Do you think it'll show up on an Armani 5.5? The eye shadows are a bonus. It's rare that I like everything in a palette.

Jo said...

OH MY!!! I'm hyperventilating! LOL! This is beautiful! My Armani counter just got this in today so guess where I'll be heading this weekend (they have one on hold for me). Thanks so much for posting this, the eye shadows are gorgeous. Do you have to use a light hand to prevent the bronzer from going on too dark? It would be great if you could show a swatch of the bronzer put on lightly with a brush. I'm already sold on it anyway so I'll be getting it for the eye shadows any way even if the bronzer is too dark. BTW, my Armani glosses are set to get to me on Friday. The counter won't have those until mid-May. Can't wait!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

It should look great. The color is buildable too.

Andrea said...

I NEED this palette. Shame it is not showing as available in the UK yet but I live in hope.

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, I swatched the bronzer heavily. Imagine a light dusting of the creamy powder, and you'll see. It's too late for me to take good photos today. Perhaps tomorrow.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Andrea! Can you purchase Armani in the UK?

Judith DM said...

My issue with Armani eyeshadows are that they have too much shimmer, and I am heavy lided. And more mature (age), but this is more than worth checking out!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lord....I so need this palette! I may have to cave and order online, as my local counter here in Montreal received their products so much later than the US - drives me crazy! Lovely swatches!

Virginie said...

I feel the color is too coppery and difficult to pull out for fair skin! What do you say?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Judith,

Are you keeping the shimmer below the crease?

Charlestongirl said...

Ommorphiabeautybar, can you order online for shipping to Canada?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie!

Not too coppery for me, and I am an Armani #2 in foundation. My skin is very light.

regina said...

beautiful - thanks for the gorgeous swatches!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh my goodness...this is SO gorgeous. I immediately thought I needed this but then I started thinking...I am already planning to purchase the newish Mirage palette this weekend. If you were to use the shimmery bronzer in this palette as a shadow, do you think the overall effect would be similar enough to Mirage that I wouldn't need both??

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, I'd take this over Mirage any day.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Regina!

Anonymous said...

I just got my palette today too. Love, love, love it. I am Armani 5.5 and think it will be perfect!:D Koldunya

wendy said...

oh my!!!! how beautiful!!! i really loved chanel's summer collection from last year. this reminds me of it...do you agree? i just can't wear any of the other upcoming collections that offer vivid colours...i'm a kindergarten teacher so, it has to be work appropriate. i love the neutrality of this! i just wish my nordy's carried armani...i'd really prefer to try this on first. could you please suggest a coordinating coral lippie and cheek. i have fair skin too! thankyou very much! happy wednesday to you!!! xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Charleston Girl You better NEVER stop blogging. Youre my beauty twin - two lusty , greedy hearts intertwined with the same m/u desires.

Love this palette! Now if only GA would do another 20% off sale....I smell one around the corner, or so Ive been told!

angusmum1 said...

w, ho beautiful and practical. I like the fact that the shadow is a peachy tone, definitely something that could be worn daily. I haven't made the other order I was going to yet, haven't been notified. Now Im thinking this would be a better choice. I have only used their mascara and fragrances. Will have to look in to availability in rural Canada! Thanks for the swatches, I love this.

angusmum1 said...

When I went to the Armani site and selected international the summer items were not available, when I followed your link I did see the bronzer but there is no mention of the shadows or anything, they aren't selling it separately are they? Also does anyone know if Canadians been able to order from the site?

Tina Knight said...

Giorgio Armani is one of my favorite brands in makeup and I am so glad to know that their summer collections was released already!! I'll rush into the nearest store so that I can already have this on my hands, I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the great review!

Eileen said...

Hi Angusmum,

According to Beautizine (Canadian blog) this will be available in May for $95 CAD for the bronzer/eyeshadow palette. She didn't mention it being exclusive, so I would imagine it will be available at Armani counters throughout Canada. Hope that helps a little. Perhaps some of our intrepid Canadian readers have better intel regarding its release :-)

Lisa Stafford said...

Bronze natural color. Love it!

Bonnie C. said...

Bellissimo! Another Armani beauty, I like how they have both the bronzer and shadows in the same compact. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Georgina said...

Very excited to see this new release from Armani, I am such a massive fan but unfortunately don't use their products enough, that just may have to change with this one, love it!

Stephanie said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I need :)

Anonymous said...

This will be mine, I cannot resist it any longer! I'll be working overtime for this one!

Claire said...

Oh gosh, I'd be hyperventilating, too!! That bronzer is stunning. I hope the lame effect is not an overspray.

Nemo said...

Oh, do I love this, gotta have it. I bought Armani's summer things last year, including that pricey eye quad in the mother of pearl case. I just did it for the case! But it turned out to be beautiful and the best quality ever. I cherish all my Armani. They have a special place in my makeup collection (one time a friend laughingly said I must have a big makeup drawer; drawer, I replied? Try rooms. RoomS!)But the Armani is where I can see it all the time.

Megan said...

I have never wanted a neutral palette in my life, until now. I had such plans for my mad money, and they all went down the drain as soon as I saw this.

This...this reminds me of old-school LMdB kaleidoscopes. Delicate shades, perfect complements, completely unique. I wonder if you can layer?

Perfection.