Sunday, April 14, 2013

Coming Attraction: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Beauty Booster Invisible Skin-Fusion Multi-Perfecting Makeup

Yes, another BB "cream." This one from Guerlain piqued my interest the moment I read the training materials. Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau Beauty Booster Invisible Skin-Fusion Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30 PA+++ ($51) should be at counters in May. I promised to tell you about it this weekend, so read on.

This new BB cream is a multi-action skin perfector that gently enhances the beauty of the complexion for a sheer, barely there result. Here are the qualities of this new product.

Freshness and Lightweight Texture. It has a soft-fusion texture thanks to the bio-fusion micro-mesh "foundation" created by linen and silk fibers. Designed to boost the natural beauty of the skin.

Hydration. Hydrating properties of hyaluronic acid, nature's sponge. Will result in plumped-up skin.

Color Correction. Color corrective pigments work in harmony with every complexion. This property will "unify" your skin tone.

Sun Protection. SPF 30 and PA+++ offer UVA/UVB protection to protect your skin's natural beauty and youthful appearance - or prevent further damage.

Guerlain says the benefits are unifying, moisturizing, and protective. It will correct your complexion in an instant for naturally beautiful skin that appears to be perfect. Guerlain's satisfaction tests on 30 women yielded the following results.
  • The skin is fresh and beautiful all day long = 97%
  • The complexion is even and imperfections are corrected = 97%
  • The skin is smoothed = 88%
  • Softer texture = 88%
  • Lightweight texture = 91%
  • Non-oily texture = 97%
Lingerie de Peau Beauty Booster Invisible Skin-Fusion Multi-Perfecting Makeup will be available in two shades: Light (#01) and Medium (#03). I'll be trying Light.

This new BB product (which appears to be part CC) will be available beginning in May 2013 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and Bergdorf Goodman - and of course at the Guerlain Boutiques. Guerlain's boutiques always get products first. If you want to pre-order, give Rhonda a call at (702) 732-7008. I've got to stop sharing my secrets. She is one of them.

Photo courtesy of Guerlain

13 comments:

wendy said...

hi!!! not coming till may?? this is a hard transition time for me. all my makeup is running low and nothing new has come in yet. this product interests me very much but every foundation from guerlain, and i mean every product, is way too dark for me. but, you don't know unless you try! i'm hoping that products will start coming in sooner, seeing the "silver pan" grow bigger!! xxxxxxxx

Charlestongirl said...

Well, darn, Wendy! Maybe it will arrive at the Guerlain boutique this month. Call Rhonda.

Judith DM said...

I wear Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation in the compact and it is my all time favorie ever. I have used Edward Bess recently,liked very much and ordered from QVC just to see and the color was horrendous. Yes, I will be buying this! Just depends on color. Eveything Guerlain, except the prices, have made me happy! Fabulous quality!

Evelyn said...

I'm excited! lol Guerlain makes me happy. Hopefully the light will work for my skin. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Judith, I wish I could show you the shade swatches, but they won't scan well. The Light is nice and ivory light. The Medium appears yellow-medium. However, we all know how bad little circles and squares can be.

Charlestongirl said...

It will Evelyn. It's going to work for me. I can tell.

Eileen said...

Lingerie de Peau, both cream and fluid, is a wonderful foundation for a light, natural look so this BB version has great promise. I hope the 01 shade will truly be light enough for those of you with ultra fair complexions. I don't know why Guerlain has offered such a limited shade selection in the US. They've offered lighter shades in Asian for years so its not like they don't make them. Oh well, the release of 01 in Parure de Lumière and now the BB in 01 is a start. Hopefully, this means more women will be able to enjoy Guerlain's beautiful foundations. There will be a lot of women waiting to see how 01 looks on you, Charlestongirl :-)

Christina said...

I look forward to visiting the boutique here in Toronto. I've never purchased BB cream, but this brand is worth taking a look at.
Would you happen to know what is the percentage of main ingredients for sun protection? How reliable is it to protect your skin?

Jo said...

Hi Christina,

The full ingredient list is at this link http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=25bbb025-c9bf-4b34-8e32-50015af61447

It is a combination physical and chemical sunscreen. I wish it were all physical. I would not use this as my only sunscreen. I would wear this over sunscreen to get the best protection from the sun.

Anonymous said...

Although I want to love and embrace BB creams, I have a difficult enough time trying to find a good foundation match with companies offering dozens of shades for one product, so I actually shudder at loose categories such as light or medium.. Why are BB cream colour selection in the industry so limited? It's a huge mental barrier for me and Guerlain, although I love and use many of their products--has never been a good foundation match for me. My experience with broad-based skintone matches has not been good. I'm really not into wearing makeup on my neck to try and disguise a bad colour match. End of Kvetch..

AZ said...

I recently just got my hands on 01 in lingerie de peau, which is a perfect match for me (yay). Honestly I'm not even THAT fair... I'd say 01 is probably between NC15-20. I have a feeling the light BB cream won't be light enough for me... I'll be waiting for CG to try this too :)

Nel said...

OMG. Thanks for this lovely review! May 2013 is too long to wait, but I have to. :) I know that the wait will be worth it,I'll call Ronda for the pre order. Thanks for sharing her contact info!

Christina said...

Jo, Thank you for getting back to me. I am surprised that the percentage is so low! Currently, I am using the one from Chanel SPF50. Nonetheless, I still have interest to try this BB cream.