Thursday, April 4, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Armani New Fluid Sheers - #6 Swatched

Last month, I was able to show you all of the new Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer ($59) shades, with one exception. Last weekend, I made good on my promise to get swatches of this gorgeous coral shade.

First, a recap. The new Fluid Sheers dress the skin in an illuminating veil of radiance. The unique, translucent formula is available in a range of versatile hues, including makeup base shades, correcting shades, and radiance-boosting shades. Blend your favorite Fluid Sheer with foundation to add radiance, polish, and sculpting definition to your complexion or use it alone as a makeup base. Fluid Sheer was named Allure's Best of Beauty Award for Best Highlighter in 2012.

These treasures can be used as eye shadow bases, blushes, highlighters, or bronzers. They are sheer and lightweight, but still offer coverage. Armani recommends that we Apply with the Blender Brush to wear alone or mixed with foundation for a boost of radiance and color. Use on top of foundation for added highlighting and contouring.I recommend that you mix the shades you own to get more than your money's worth.

The new Fluid Sheer shades follow. Many of the pre-existing shades are also available.
  • #4 (yellow)
  • #5 (peach)
  • #6 (coral)
  • #8 (light pink)
  • #9 (rose pink)
  • #12 (copper brown)
Somehow, when I was swatching last month, I missed #6. Perhaps it hadn't arrived. I would have seen this bottle, which appears bold and beautiful. As with the other shades, what you see from the outside isn't exactly what you get from the contents. The contents are much more exciting - not only in their sheer colors, but also in the effects on the skin.

I took swatch photos of #6 outside of Saks Fifth Avenue. It was a bright, sunny day, so the colors are true. I swatched #6 at the top of my arm, patting it on with a sponge-tipped applicator. If you swipe it on, it will start to sheer out.

Then, below that swatch, I played. I had wanted to show you a few of the colors mixed. The SA who thought she was being helpful started mixing colors on her hand - none of them had the effect I wanted. I wanted to play alone, so I will go back to a counter later. Sometimes, SAs can be so helpful they become a roadblock. She kept saying, "What effect do you want?" I tried to explain, I am not looking for an effect; I am trying to demonstrate a color Giannina created, using three shades." Bless her heart, she tried.

Full-on #6 is shown at the top of my arm. For some reason, I can't get a good angle on my arm at Saks, so I look like a phlebotomist's dream. This rich coral is stunning, and when you blend it to make it sheer, it's drool-worthy.

The three shades we mixed and blended below were #4, the yellow; #5, the peach; and a tiny bit of #9, a sunny, cool pink. we blended them on the SAs arm, and then I blended them further on my arm. The result of mixing the three is a pretty, radiant light peach.

Of course, you don't have to blend the Fluid Sheers to create your desired effect. There's something about them that brings out the artist in me. I should have swatched #6 applied sheerly - my mistake. It's so beautiful, I must give it another try.

I thought the Fluid Sheers had arrived at Giorgio Armani counters nationwide, however, last weekend, they were not on counter at my closest Neiman Marcus. That surprised me because Saks has had them for weeks. You can also find them at the Armani Beauty Web site. You owe it to yourself to check out these gorgeous, unique makeup fluids. I hope to own them all in due course.

Photo at top courtesyof Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

3 comments:

Little Red said...

Which ones are supposed to be the radiance-enhancing shades?

Makeup Remastered said...

Hi CG
I took the plunge and purchased my first fluid sheer on #6 - well glorious is not even the right word! Already lusting after another shade.

MarW said...

Hi!
I bought the #2 and #10 recently and absolutely love them! So many possibilities indeed, as you describe.

Using the #2 now as a highlighter and thinking that in winter I might perhaps use this a bit more, perhaps by the side of my nose and in the middle of my chin......

The #10 is gorgeous for me in this time of year, use it to sculpt my face before applying the foundation or, when I do not feel like wearing make up but DO feel, as always, that I want to look nice, I use the #10 alone, as a base and powder it off a bit with the Chanel LSE.

Now, I am tempted to also bye the #6 but ......... will sit on my hands and do not, I repeat to myself, do not buy this right on......... please do not remind me later on of what I just said.

Read of your new job, GREAT NEWS AND CONGRATS!

Kindest from

Marja