Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guerlain Le Vernis Maxi Shine Nail Lacquers - Four New Shades Swatched

You'll want to wear Guerlain's new Le Vernis Maxi Shine Nail Lacquers ($23). This display of the new Maxi Shine Collection will reel you in. I was able to show you a coming attraction recently. Now, I have swatches of four of these beauties.

Guerlain’s 10 newest nail lacquers are indispensable allies for accomplished femininity. These ultra-vibrant shades incorporate adhesive resins to offer a perfectly even sheen that lasts for days. The new collection also contains a base and top coat, designed with a silicone derivative to strengthen, reinforce, and protect the nail. Using each shade’s extra-flat and widened brush, Le Vernis creates a shiny, daring, and immaculate nail with ease.

The three-step nail ritual starts with La Base Protectrice, continues with color, and ends with Le Top Coat Gel for a high-shine, gel effect. The protective base coat acts like a protective film that facilitates the application of the lacquer with no risk of nail yellowing. I wouldn't go without it. The formula has been enriched with a silicon derivative that helps stimulate and support the strength and growth of the nail.

Step 2, a long-lasting nail color, made with adhesive resins and elastic polymers keeps the color true and lasts longer. Thanks to a wide and flexible flat brush design, the color goes on easily and evenly. The formula does not contain formaldehyde.

Step 3 is an innovative Gel Top Coat. A gel-like, transparent texture provides a result so perfect that it looks like you went to a top-notch salon. The formula helps to maximize shine and make the nails look thicker. Nitrocellulose, a plasticizer that is both water- and scratch-resistant, and Cellulose Acetate Butyrate release a generous brilliant film that stays on the nail. Your nails will be perfectly smooth and shaped. The color will stay radiant and shiny for days.

While I was at Neiman Marcus today, I swatched #263, À la Parisienne; #64, Gemma;  #260, Jardins de Bagatelle; and #165, Champs- Elysées. I swatched them in that order from left to right and took my first two photos in full sun.

What's amazing is that each of these shades was one coat. It covered perfectly. I'm sure with La Base Protectrice, the results would have been even prettier. I am smitten with these shades.

As I must always caution, my application techniques are a bit deficient. Nevertheless, these colors reached out and grabbed me. I'm especially in love with Gemma (left middle), but the guys in the store all selected Champs- Elysées (far right) as their favorite. You will have a hard time selecting only one.

The photo directly above was taken inside the store.These beauties don't need sunshine to shine!

Guerlain’s Maxi Shine Collection is available now at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman - and at the Guerlain Boutiques. Maxi Shine will be available at select locations of Sephora in May 2013.

Second photo courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Gabby said...

Gorgeous swatches! Is the first or the fourth swatch Champs-Elysees? I thought it would be a coral like the first but then I thought maybe they went in order of your list which would make it the fourth - much pinker than I thought!

Gabby said...

I thought so because you said that but I was just making sure;) It looks so different in your swatch and I'm glad I didn't buy it sight unseen! Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Gabby, Champs-Elysées is on the far right. If you check out my coming attraction with Guerlain's photo, you will see that it's bright pink.

Charlestongirl said...

Do you like it, Gabby?

Gabby said...

I do but I think I might get À la Parisienne now - it's more the color I was hoping for!

baby in a corner said...

oh exciting - Gemma Rouge G is my favourite lipstick ever!!

Nemo said...

Looks like the new CHANEL crème blushes will be accompanied by rouge shine lipcolors. Now that's something to lull us to sleep!

Charlestongirl said...

Glad to help, if it did, Gabby.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Baby in a Corner,

It is VERY pretty.

Anonymous said...

Champs has my vote! but they are all lovely indeed. I think one of the most attractive features of this polish formula is the amazing shine finish. No need for a top coat! Thanks for the swatches CG :)

Evelyn said...

These all look so wonderful! I'll definitely need a few. :)

Gauri said...

Oh my my, now this is called a collection.

Unknown said...

Champs -Élysées is really beautiful and so is À la Parisienne. Love the beautiful finish you got with just one coat.

Claire said...

These are beautiful!! I've never tried Guerlain's nail polish before, I'll dig further in the internet to see how they compare to other n/p formula that I love (such as Dior, Chanel or OPI)

Deb said...

Will these be available online, and if so, do you know when?