Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shine in Dragee Bomp and Cherry Swing

The Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas received the Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shines ($30) a week ago. That's how long it takes for UPS ground to get to me from across the country. I've been counting the hours.

I shopped with Rhonda, and we had to guess at the actual shades because the for-sale product had arrived, but the testers hadn't. I chose to go with pinks - such a safe color for me. Dragree Bomp (#466, shown at left above) and Cherry Swing (#467, shown at right) have landed at my house. Now I want more - a lot more.

The 20 shades of Gloss d’Enfer guarantee our lips a shimmering, radiant, and plumping finish. Maxi Shine’s oil composition creates a moisturizing barrier to ensure an intense softness. The ergonomic applicator allows for easy lip definition, more effectively evoking the hint of a smile. Additionally, each shade presents varying degrees of coverage and pigment intensity. The perfect partner for a desirable, appealing smile, Maxi Shine offers tailor-made effects for beautifully enhanced lips.

I tried to select shades that looked pigmented. I won with one of them only.  Cherry Swing offers really nice pink pigmentation. Dragee Bomp would have to be a lot more colorful to make me deliriously happy. I took swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun, applying them with their own applicators.

Dragee Bomp is shown at the top of my arm. It's light pink and loaded with shine. Cherry Swing is medium pink, shiny, and perfectly pigmented. Aren't they beautiful?

As advertised, these lip glosses offer a smooth and non-sticky texture and glide onto the lips like a second skin. Guerlain says we'll forget it's even on. I can understand that, now that I'm wearing one. Composed of mineral and vegetal oils, the texture forms a protective barrier on the lips that prevents moisture from evaporating and keeps the lips soft and hydrated. It's love. My lips look extremely shiny, plumped, radiant, and brilliant.

If we look at the color chart I published here, we will know now what shades to order. I'll go for those that look the darkest. I'm calling soon to place order #2. The local Guerlain counters tell me they don't expect them until later in April, but I can get more from the boutique. If you'd like, call Rhonda - or anyone at Las Vegas - the number is (702) 732-7008. I've got my list together.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Nemo said...

Oh, my, don't you ever quit, LOL? I just this minute returned from another journey you enabled me to do. I drove 100 miles round trip to my nearest CHANEL counter and bought 3 of the new lip glosses you featured earlier: 172, 175 and 176. They are beautiful! Just exquisite! I was so enraptured I bought the new nail polish, Taboo, which looks so much better in real life. That wasn't enough, so I bought some of the fairly new Vitalumiere Aqua. Nice stuff!

Jo said...

Very pretty. I think I need Cherry Swing. LOL!

Eileen said...

This is definitely a banner year for lip glosses. There are just so many new formulations from which to choose in such scrumptious colors! I'm still delirious over my Dior glosses and now along comes Guerlain. What's a woman to do? Go shopping, of course! LOL Thanks to your swatches, I'm even more eager to try these out. The local Nordstrom will be having a Chanel event this month so hopefully all the new lip products (Chanel and Guerlain) will be in by then. The two counters are side-by-side so you can imagine the choices that abound. It's a good thing I'm always moving on when it comes to glosses or I'd be hip deep in them by now :-)

Hi Nemo,

I think Taboo alone was worth the 100 mile journey. It's stunning in its complexity. The on-line swatches don't begin to do it justice. When I saw the actual polish, I knew Chanel had a major hit on its hands (punning aside ;-) )

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Nemo. That was a journey worth the fuel. Taboo does look fab in real life. Good purchases. Now, call your Guerlain counter and get back on the road. :) Just kidding. Call Las Vegas and buy tax and shipping-free. Tell Rhonda I sent you.

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, I love Cherry Swing. I just called and ordered three more. :) I was bad.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, it is a banner year. You will love these. So light on the lips! No scent/flavor is another plus I should have put in the post.

If you like your glosses pigmented like I do, aim for the darker colors. Some are sparkling, and some are just shiny. I like the sparklers.

Anonymous said...

LoL.. laughing and enjoying the comments above about the road trip to snag Taboo~

We all have our quirks, right? Well, I'll spend gobs of money on lipstick and lipstick/gloss hybrids--afterall Tom Ford is a personal fav--but I won't spend more than $28 dollars on lipgloss! I just won't. It's my own little arbitrary silly number, but I stick to it and so I really should not be reading these lipgloss posts. LoL

Charlestongirl said...

Now I'm laughing. Wwendalynne, add $2 to your limit and order from Las Vegas. You will save the tax if you buy a few things the shipping is free too. :) These are worth the extra money. Soooo nice.

Of course, I don't know if they will ship to Canada. That's where you live?

Meredith said...

I'm with you, it's fun to be bad! At least, in our way it is. I'm calling Rhonda and ordering the 469, 470, 471. I'll tell her you sent me! Isn't free shipping, no tax great!

Jo said...

Just putting in my two cents to say that Taboo is definitely worth a 100 mile round trip excursion. I have it on my fingers as I speak and just love it. It is the most beautiful, sparkling, slightly complex purple I've ever seen for nails. Run, walk, take a long drive to get it! Better yet sit on your tush and order it online!

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty and I'm waiting for more online swatches to arise so I have an idea of what I want when they arrive. I don't think it's a coincidence that Guerlain and Dior have brought out new glosses so close together (same parent company) but that's ok, they're my favourite brand for gloss. It is indeed the year for glosses, wasn't it all about foundations last year and lipstick the year before?

I like the look of Cherry Swing, but doesn't it look a lot like the Kiss Kiss Gloss in Cherry Fizz?

Leila

Audrey said...

The 421 Red Pow looks like it would be amazing...lots of shimmer to go with the shine

Nemo said...

Yes, Yes, Yes! Eileen, you are sooo right! I didn't like Taboo at all when I saw it swatched on the blogs. But in real life it is gorgeous! And CG, I will make that call. I love Guerlain now as much as Chanel and LMDB. You can be my enabler any old time because what you enable me to do makes me happy!

Unknown said...

How do they compare to LMdB glosses?