Monday, April 8, 2013

IT Cosmetics Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face Disc

I was pleased to see that IT Cosmetics has been nominated by Cosmetic Executive Women for a 2013 Insider's Beauty Award. IT is one of six nominees for the Indie Beauty Award. I'm sending good luck vibes in hopes that they will win. I love the company, and I love their makeup. I think they deserve the recognition.

They sent me a Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face Disc ($38) gratis not too long ago. I've been meaning to show it to you for weeks, but the sunshine wasn't cooperating with me. Now that we are having a stretch of sunny days, I'm catching up.

The first thing you need to know about Live, Love, Laugh is that it's huge. You certainly get your money's worth with this mirrored compact containing a Luxe High Performance Anti-Aging matte bronzer, illuminating powder, and a vitality blush. 

The Live, Love, Laugh Anti-Aging Vitality Face Disc is all about that healthy look of vitality for the face and body. This disc is substantial in size and has a jumbo mirror inside - it's an all-in-one makeup must-have. The waterproof matte bronzer, illuminating highlighter, and anti-aging vitality blush shade are naturally pretty and infused with cutting-edge anti-aging ingredients hydrating ingredients, including hydrolyzed collagen, açaí, green tea, and vitamins A, C, and E. There's no talc, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrances, and it's phthalate free (those trying to avoid hormone disruptors will be pleased).

It's much prettier in person than it looks on the IT Web site (that photos is shown at the top of this feature). My photo shows the true color (hopefully not bragging - just the truth. I was pleased to take swatch photos in full sun, swatching heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. I started at the top of my arm with the bronzer, followed with the highlighter/illuminator, and finished at the bottom with the super-gorgeous blush.

Could these colors get prettier? The bronzer is a good shade for me. It looks light brown on my face, without muddiness. It's matte, so it doesn't add any disco glamour. The highlighter is a perfect shade for nearly everyone. The very light golden beige also complements the other two shades perfectly.

The blush revved me. It is a watermelon pink, has a satin finish, and looks extremely natural. I should have taken a photo of a normal application, but that wouldn't have shown up particularly well here.

Here is how IT Cosmetics recommends you use the Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face Disc...

Using the Jumbo Heavenly Luxe Mega-Brush, apply the matte bronzer to areas of your face where you desire a bit more color, such as across the forehead, nose, and chin - then underneath the cheekbones and jawline for dimension and contouring. Use the illuminating radiance powder on the areas of your face where you desire the look of light and illumination, such as along the top side of your cheek and brow bones. Apply the vitality blush to the apples of your cheeks for a healthy-looking glow. If you prefer a hint of shimmer with your bronzer, swirl your brush in both the matte bronzer and the illuminating powder. The two combine for the perfect bronze glow. I will add that the illuminating powder and the vitality blush also blend well for a brightening blush.

I have fallen for IT. They have been very generous with me, sending me color, skin care, and brushes to try. I am going to go dig through my box. I was browsing online and was "captured" by the Hello Light Anti-Aging Crème Radiance Illuminator. I really hope it's in there. Next up, I want to tell you about a fabulous IT Cosmetics foundation I tested last week. I am a lucky blogger.

When you go the the IT Web site, you will see an offer to become an "IT Insider" and receive a 20% discount on your next purchase. Plus you'll receive the company's newsletter. Good deal!

Photo at top courtesy of IT Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Suselew said...

I've had this product for a very long time and can honestly say I've used it maybe once. I didn't like the MONSTER brush that came with it because it simply was overkill for the smaller areas of the disc and who seriously uses a brush that size for blush or bronzer? I don't highlight a huge amount being older and being very pale, I was afraid the bronzer would be too muddy on me. I should take it out and retry it with different brushes.

Unknown said...

I am Lilian from Sydney Australia and I have been reading your beauty blog and it is always very true and convincing. You review amazing and high quality products. I was looking at this product last week when I checked out for their foundation, CC cream and their bye bye concealer. I asked myself whether i need another highlighter blush and bronzer. After reading your reviewing and with discount and guess what what? I am sold and am heading there right now!!!

Nemo said...

Off the subject, but have you heard anything about a new, round pan CHANEL eye quad coming out, exclusive to Saks?????

Charlestongirl said...

Oh my, Suselaw! I received a few brushes, but they were separate. I didn't get a brush with this disc.

Yes, but all means, use a smaller brush!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you so much, Lilian!

I am sold on a few things myself. I love IT. The prices too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Nemo,

I will ask tomorrow.

Renata said...

I agree the brand has excelent products, but they are very hard to get for us who live outside US. I can't understand why they don't deliver to other countries. There is a huge market out there.

Gauri said...

I loved it. It has lovely colors.

Anonymous said...

I own so many IT products and love them all. The disc is one of my FAVs as it is an all in one!!! I use this all the time and when I do run out I will definantely be repurchasing. I own all the IT brushes so I have option but I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the IT brushes. Personally I would like to see more kits being offered with an option to then exclude brushes. That fact that this company work with surgeons and included anti-aging in there line is simply the best. Looking for to the CC cream.

Anonymous said...

The blush is positively dreamy!

j0najum said...

nice...

Heidi Hundelt said...

My name is Heidi Hundel t from St Louis No I love all the it products O am 63 years old and everyone says O look great.I thank the team at it for making a wonderful product.I wear the bronzer and blush everyday and the foundation when going out O have been in ULTA stores and they have thousand of products and I go straight to it and always will