Friday, April 5, 2013

Estée Lauder Pure Color Lip Shine in Pink Patent from the Cello Shots Collection

You don't think I purchased just one thing from Estée Lauder's Cello Shots Collection, do you? With its appeal, I started with three. Am I glad! I love this collection. Through revolutionary, watery gel finishes, the playful array of bright, fluid tones surprises and delights the senses with long-lasting, lightweight, and comfortable wear.

I purchased one Pure Color Lip Shine ($26) in Pink Patent. I wanted others as well, but chose to test one first. It's everything I had hoped it would be - in a bright pink slimline case that I love.

The lightweight, innovative transparent jelly in the new, limited-edition Pure Color Lip Shine ($26) glides onto the lips and envelopes them in sheer, wet, transparent shiny color [drool]. Incorporating a balmy texture, this new revolutionary formula provides a unique, gel appearance with fresh, translucent color for smooth glass-like reflections. The shades are Hot Fuse, Pink Patent, X-Pose Rose, Techno Jam, Poppy Shot, and Plexi Pink. Since I had selected the Cheek Rush in Pink Patent, that choice made sense to me (pink and safe for my complexion).

Pure Color Lip Shine is packaged in a new, shade-matched, slimline lipstick case stamped with a foil Estée Lauder logo and features a slant tip for easy application to lips.

I love my new lipstick. It's sheer and shiny, and the color is perfect for me. It will be perfect for anyone who loves pink. I took my swatch photos in full sunlight. I swatched straight from the tube. It was really windy out, and I had a hard time making the tube "sit still." You can see a little ding from its movement. You may also see the goosebumps on my arm. Please ignore them. It was hard to believe how cold it was in April.

Isn't this a pretty, spring pink? It's a cool pink on my lips, but not so cool that it looks blue. My lip pigment adds enough warmth to it. Lip Shine is sheer, but not see-through - not as sheer as the Cheek Rush - and it lasts on my lips a reasonable length of time. It feels nice and moist too.

Now that it's warm, sunny, and glorious, I should have gone back to take more photos. Instead, a friend took me to lunch, so I wore my new Lip Shine.

You can find the new Pure Color Lip Shines at Estée Lauder's Web site, where I purchased mine. I have not seen them at the Estée Lauder counters yet, but they should arrive any day. I purchased one more pieces from the Cello Shots Collection, which I adore. I'll feature it over the weekend.

Photo at top courtesy of Estée Lauder; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

3 comments:

bedazzled64 said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I had put this in my cart a couple days ago and kept debating, should I or shouldn't I? Thanks to your swatch its a definite should! There was another shade I found interesting but maybe I'll wait for any swatches. I liked the Plexi Pink as well. Thanks CG :) I always look forward to your swatches and reviews.

Charlestongirl said...

Great, Lisa! It's so hard to select online when you see all those pretty squares, but don't really know.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful color. A shame they animal test,so a no buy for me.