Thursday, May 27, 2010

Benefit Silky-Finish Lipstick in Breathless

There are two new shades available in Benefit's Silky-Finish Lipstick ($18). Breathless is described as a pearl muted grape, and Frenched as a cream cherry red. I prefer the pearls - with their nice, quiet shine - over the creams. It was an easy choice online - Breathless all the way. When Breathless (shown below right) arrived, I was a bit breathless - with delight.

I love Benefit's Benefit's Silky-Finish Lipsticks! I have so many of the shades I've lost count. Hug It Out, a pearl-pink mauve has been my favorite. It has a new competitor for that honor!

These aren't new, but they are noteworthy nonetheless. They have a silky smooth formula, so they feel great on the lips. They have sheer coverage that's buildable. I find that one coat is enough for me, though. There's a nice slanted tip for ease of application. Each lipstick even comes with a beauty fortune inside the package. My favorite says, "And on the 7th day, makeup was created." Even better, the price is right at $18.

In addition to Hug It Out, I love Swoonderful (pearl/silver mauve) and Candy Store (pearl/copper pink). I do have some of the cream shades, and they are very nice too. Skinny Dip is my favorite cream.

Here is a swatch of Breathless taken in sun. You can see that it's not as purple as its grape description. There is a lot of rose in the shade.

This is a beautiful shade on the lips, perfect for those who love cool-toned lipsticks. I think it would look good on most warm-toned gals as well. I'm very happy with it, which is why I'm spreading the word!

You can purchase Benefit's Silky-Finish Lipsticks at Sephora, Benefit, and Bloomingdale's. I highly recommend them!

Photos courtesy of Sephora and Benefit

No comments: