Thursday, May 27, 2010

Philip B Cucumber & Blue Orchid Hand & Body Crème

Before bed every night, without fail, I treat my hands and feet to a dose of moisture. A few months ago, I saw a few new Philip B products at Beautyhabit, one of the sites I browse regularly.

How could someone who uses Philip B hair care products not be tempted by new Philip B hand and body moisturizers? Cucumber & Blue Orchid Hand & Body Crème, which is available for $12 in a two-ounce size (or $47 for six ounces), was priced to entice. I ordered one right away!

Here's the description that lured me.

A limited-edition release in 1994, our original Cucumber & Blue Orchid Hand & Body Crème is back by popular demand. Women were still writing to request it, 14 years on! What we kept: The luxurious blend of pure, soothing-yet-refreshing cucumber extract, cooling menthol, and an airy dose of blue orchid essence. What's new: A generous dose of cutting-edge oligopeptide chains (anti-aging ingredients proven to firm and tighten skin), plus pure hydrating aloe and antioxidant vitamins A, B5, and E to normalize cell turnover and your youthful glow. The crème also includes a combination of peptides (lipoproteins) that penetrate the skin's surface to help rebuild collagen, tightening and strengthening your skin's integral texture and elasticity. The moisturizing equivalent of a Bentley GT (that’s how our chemists refer to it in the lab), the crème’s botanical, green-floral scent is just as gorgeous and sexy as ever.

I can't tell you what a blue orchid smells like. I hvae never owned one. Most orchids have no fragrance, but some have distinctive scents. I can tell you that the scent of cucumber shines through. Cucumbers are known for their hydrating, nourishing, and astringent effects. They make a great natural face mask.

I wish Philip would come back and visit us again in the DC area! He used to visit when Neiman Marcus carried his hair care line, but we don't see him anymore. I would love to tell him I'm still using his amazing shampoos, conditioners, and Rejuvenating Oil many years after we last spoke.

If you are in the market for a new hand cream, you might want to give Philip B Cucumber & Blue Orchid Hand & Body Crème a whirl. Join the women who became addicted 16 years ago!

You can find it at Beautyhabit and the Philip B Web site.

Photo courtesy of Beautyhabit

No comments: