Friday, May 21, 2010

NARS Pure Sheer SPF Lip Tint

NARS Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment ($25) nourishes and hydrates the lips with a sheer, slightly noticeable tint. The new lip treatment comes in six shades.

I love the convenient "slim-stick" which allows for easy direct application from the tube. The ingredients include "good stuff," including wild mango butter, which has moisturizing benefits to leave your lips soft and supple; and vitamin E, polar berries, and acai oil, hydrating antioxidants.

When I first saw these little beauties in the store, I couldn't decide on a shade. They are extremely sheer, leaving just a hint of a tint. So I went for one of the shades with the right coloring for my skin tone and the most pigment: Angélique, described as a barely there strawberry. I love it! It feels good, looks good, and lasts for an hour or two. While its benefits may last longer, I re-apply to get the pretty tint back.

While you may think of these as expensive tinted lip balms, I think if you try one you'll agree that they are a lot classier than most. NARS suggest you can wear these under your regular lipstick or lip stain. I like them just the way they are! If you are searching for a pigmented lip color, though, these are not your destination. If you want more color, a slim line applicator, and SPF protection, try Bobbi Brown's Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15.

Most of the NARS shades offer barely there color. Bianca is clear/white.

The other four colors are:
  • Aurore, a seashell pink tint;
  • Greta, mauve tint;
  • Paloma, cantaloupe tint; and
  • Laura, pastel pink tint.
You can purchase the Lip Tints at NARS, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Beauty.com, or wherever you find a NARS counter.

Photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: