Monday, May 31, 2010

Josie Maran Argan Bronzing Oil

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Josie Maran's Argan Bronzing Oil ($52) leaves me humming Summer Breeze, an old Seals & Crofts song that brings back memories of those days of fresh, bare, and bronzed "beach faces," lit by the sun and scented by warm sand and waves.

Josie Maran's ultimate organic bronzing oil will give you a healthy bronzed glow anytime of year. You don't have to limit its use to summer! With Josie's signature ingredient argan oil, which is rich vitamin E and essential fatty acids, this lightweight and moisturizing bronzing oil can be applied to face and body.

It's not a self-tanner; it washes off. It's a tinted oil that's good for your face - and your looks. It's easy to apply, whether you use it straight out of the bottle or mixed with your moisturizer. It gives me a nice, lightly tanned appearance - something different since I stay out of the sun (or wear heavy-duty sunscreen). The color is fabulous because it's believable. The extra-added bonus is the argan oil, which is good for every complexion and skin type. Read my April post on Josie Maran Argan Oil to learn more about the benefits of argan oil.

You can use it on your legs if they are pasty white and you want to wear a darling sundress to a party. Or give your whole face, neck, shoulders, and chest a silky summer glow. This is a versatile product.

I think this bronzing oil is great for those with fair to medium skin. The lighter you are, the more color it will impart. It's probably too light to leave a sunny look on anyone with dark skin. With its hydrating properties, though, it would serve as a nice tinted and glowing moisturizer for dark-skinned beauties.

Josie Maran Argan Bronzing Oil comes in a recyclable bottle with a dropper for extracting a little bit at a time - perfect since you don't need much to cover your entire face and neck. Please remember to recycle the box! Josie's vision is, "There is no 'away'...reuse, recycle, or compost."

I purchased a lot of Josie Maran products a few weeks ago. I will work my way through the reviews over the next few weeks. You can already draw one conclusion since I keep buying more - I love Josie!

Josie Maran products can be found at her Web site and Sephora. You should check out Josie's Web site or Facebook page now and then. There was a code (SAMPLE3) published mid-May to receive a sample of Argan Bronzing Oil with any $30 purchase. I haven't tested it to see if it still works.

Photo courtesy of Josie Maran
Lyrics from Summer Breeze by James Seals; music by James Seals & Dash Crofts

4 comments:

Unknown said...

is it fragrance free? i like the idea of bronzing oil for my body, but my face is super shiny right now due to hot weather and any kind of product will only make it shine more.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna!

Yep, fragrance free.

Here are the ingredients.

Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Silica, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil.

May Also Contain: Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Dioxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, CL 77499), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide

Unknown said...

thanks! i am still using my trusty Melvita Argan oil sometimes but my skin is like an oil production factory right now. Facial oils may have to wait til fall :)

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, what's interesting about this one is that it isn't as "oily" as regular argan oil. However, if I had oily skin, I would select another bronzer for summer too. I think a powder would be best for you. :)