Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shiseido Ocean Summer 2010 Collection

Doesn't this look gorgeous? Dick Page keeps creating one extraordinary collection after another for Shiseido. His Summer 2010 collection is carefully edited with items you are going to want. I want all of them! A trip to the store (or Shiseido's Web site for a look-see) should be on your to-do list. You know I loved the Spring 2010 Shiseido Collection. The love continues with Ocean for Summer 2010!

Page's ideas for the summer collection initially came from photographs he took along the coasts of countries around the world. The beauty and color of animals, aquatic plants, seascapes, and sea shells inspired him to create the Ocean Collection. Page said, "I wanted to play with the concepts of transparency and lightness, so that even if a color is strong, it is rendered with a light hand." He succeeded!

Luminizing Satin Face Color ($30), available in three new shades shown at left, offers looks from Medusa (PK107), an illuminator with a delicate, silver-blushing radiance; to Starfish (OR308), a red-gold blush with golden pearls to warm any complexion; and Shell (GD809, a fabulous bronzer. I'm wearing Starfish, which looks very coral in the photo at left. It is a warm shade, but perfectly suitable for all skin tones because it is a peach-coral shade that has some pink "undertones." Another nice thing about it is that it lasts all day. My cheeks look as good as they did 12 hours ago when I applied this blush. That's remarkable staying power for a powder blush.

I want to try Medusa next. A silver-toned pink illuminating face color sounds like a must-have to me. The color is said to be buildable. Apply lightly with a powder blush for a transparent radiance or more heavily with a blush brush for a pink glow. I'll let you know more after I get my hands on it.

Luminizing Satin Eye Color ($25) in Ocean Sunset (GD824) continues my love for Page's golden eyelids. He creates colors that we can all wear (as Renato Almeida demonstrated to Anne Houseman and me when he showed us the Spring 2010 Collection). I'm partial to gold around my eyes; it lights up my whole face. This luxurious powder shadow will give you luminous eyelids, perfect for summer and year-round. I am wearing Ocean Sunset now, and I love the glimmering gold. It makes my eyes look bright and very blue. I don't know anyone who isn't going to find this new radiant gold flattering.

There is a new Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil ($20) in Black Sand (BK904), an incredible shade of greenish black. I love anything that's subtly green, and the Web site photo of this color looks unique. Inspired by the black sand beaches of volcanic islands, the pencil is said to reveal a green-black tint infused with gold pearl for a subtle radiance. I'm sold, and I haven't even seen it in person yet! Shiseido's eyeliner pencils are creamy, apply with ease, define my eyes all day, and are budge-proof once the color sets. I have to have Black Sand!

Perfect Rouge ($25) in Red Triton glows with a golden red shade, perfect for summer's bold lip look! Described as a golden red, this lipstick may be too saturated in color for my pale face. It completes the golden look, though, and if you are looking for a bold lip - the trend for spring and summer - you should look for this creamy, moisturizing lip color with a lustrous finish. Today, I improvised and completed my Dick Page look with a golden mauve lipstick that evoked the "spirit" of the Ocean look. I was pretty pleased with how I looked today (she says with a happy grin).

To cap off the collection, there's a to-die-for lip gloss: Luminizing Lip Gloss ($22) in Rainbow (SV809). This gloss has floating multi-colored pearls to give your lips shimmer and shine, while moisturizing them for hours.

I am not sure how you could look at these photos and not want the whole collection! I received two pieces from Shiseido to introduce me to it. I need the rest! I know I'm gushing. Beauty bloggers love makeup, and I'm no exception. There's a difference between love and lust! Dick Page and Shiseido keep creating lust-worthy collections.

You can learn more about Dick Page and watch some videos of looks he has created at this link. Head over and see the entire Ocean Collection at this link. Here's a stylized look sheet. What it doesn't portray is the gorgeous golden eye!

Shiseido's quality color collections offer luxury and quality at very reasonable prices. I've become a happy customer who anxiously awaits each new collection. In my area, Shiseido is available at Nordstrom, Macy's, and Bloomingdale's.

P.S. I am assuming that the prices of the new colors are the same as the Spring 2010 Collection prices.

Update 5/14: The Red Triton Perfect Rouge Lipstick is gorgeous on the lips! Not too saturated for me and not orange-toned as it appears in the photo above. Here's a swatch on my arm. Love it!

Photos courtesy of Shiseido

4 comments:

KathyT said...

These colors are beautiful, and I am always impressed with the quality of Shiseido products. I don't think that I can pull off that lipstick and maybe not the gloss, but I am sold on the rest of it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kathy,

I doubt I can pull off that particular lipstick (probably too dark for me), but I'm sure anyone can wear the gloss!

The sheer lipsticks from Shiseido (as opposed to this one, which has rich color) are gorgeous! I am so happy with mine.

I "simulated" the summer lip look with a sheer lipstick in the same family that worked really well with the face color and eye shadow.

The collection is exciting! The quality of Shiseido's makeup is fabulous. Please let me know what you think when you see it.

Marley's Mom said...

That eyeliner sounds very pretty. Let us know how you like it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marley's Mom!

Thanks for stopping by! The liner is fabulous. Was able to play with it yesterday, and, of course, I purchased one. I haven't tried it on my eyes yet. I'm having a makeup-free, lazy Saturday. I'll be interested in seeing how it looks in varied lighting. In the store, it was very dark. I'm hoping it brings out the green in my blue eyes.