Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer

The latest bronzer from Smashbox Cosmetics, HALO Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer ($39), imparts a pretty sun-kissed glow with an extra-added bonus. It's packed with anti-aging ingredients, such as gold, 48 minerals, and a peptide to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and deliver time-released moisture all day long.

The shaver is characteristic of Smashbox's HALO products. Just twist the shaver, and out pops a perfect amount of loose powder bronzer for a single application. That keeps most of your makeup behind the shaver and uncontaminated.

When applied, the sheer color of this bronzer is great. It's a pretty brown - no mud in this one! The photo at right was taken inside (it's raining as I write), so it's a little dark (the backdrop was a piece of white paper). If I can get a better photo after it stops raining, I will swap out this one.

I have worn HALO Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer for two days. I just got it, and I really like the shade! It warms my complexion without making me look like I'm trying to fake a tan.

My only reservation? The diameter of the .25-ounce container is small. I apply bronzer with a big, fluffy powder brush. I have to scrunch my brush down into the container, which is only two inches in diameter. Smashbox could have been a bit more generous with the size of this nice bronzer. HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder is larger (.75 ounces), but then it costs more too at $59. The bronzer is advertised as a "travel size," which I think is a little weird for a new introduction, but then I don't travel often. In my mind, it would be logical to offer a travel option along with a "regular" option for those who want a larger size. On the other hand, anyone who wants to try it will be happy with the travel-sized price.

HALO Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer is oil-free, talc-free, paraben-free, and sparkle-free. The matte finish makes it especially natural looking.

You can purchase it at the Smashbox Web site or wherever Smashbox Cosmetics are sold. Near me, that would be Nordstrom and Sephora. Don't forget the Smashbox Let's Do Lunch Tuesday and Thursday gifts if you go to the Web site.

Top photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: