Friday, May 14, 2010

The Friday Forum - May 14

One really nice thing about this spring has been the cool weather. The roses haven't fried. Earlier this season, the daffodils roasted. Now, with cool weather, our flowers are hanging on longer than they might with warmer weather. I'm a happy gardener.

I got so many wonderful new products over the last few weeks. I can't wait to tell you about all of them. Yesterday was a dreary day, so I couldn't get any photos outdoors when I got home from work. I have more primers and lots of makeup to tell you about.

I'm amazed at the "turnout" for our current NARS Orgasm Illuminator giveaway contest. I thought everyone would have bought it by now, especially since Sephora had a recent Makeup Madness event. Make sure to enter. The deadline is tomorrow, Saturday night, at midnight. Then we will start a new contest on Sunday.

It's time for The Friday Forum. Most of you know, we share information in The Friday Forum. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments. We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Either way, I always enjoy hearing from you.

As usual, I will share the best beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies. I'll be posting the latest ones over the next few days. There's a great 20% discount at SkinStore.com. Use code FRIENDS20 at checkout. That's a deal!

The microphone is yours!

Photo from my garden

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Friday!

Good week in beauty land - I'm loving the new Nars multiple tints (I opted for Turks and Caicos and Cadaques!). Also caught a peek at the new Bobbi Brown Beach collection at Nordstrom's. I was in a total hurry, so I got the ShimmerBrick and that was it. It's gorgeous - and unique enough that it's worth it.

Have a great weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh I am so jealous - it's an envy day, huh? I'm glad it's in store. I want EVERYTHING. I have to be a "Shimmer Brick" collector at this point. I won't even admit how many of the newest pink one I bought. Won't run out for a lifetime. :)

Isn't that Multiple Tint the cat's meow? I am so glad I bought all three. Have been loving them.

Also getting ready to write up the new NARS eye primer. Was very impressed. The first and only thing that will hold my NARS cream shadows on. Love the shadow colors, but have never been able to keep them where I put them - until now.

Charlestongirl said...

BTW, Laurie,

You going to New York?

Laurie said...

No NY for me, unfortunately. I have a wedding to go to in Wisconsin - which is why I hit up Nordies yesterday:) Needed a beauty fix, haha!

I have to agree with you on the Nars primer. I love it too - so does Carla (of Product Girl!) I love the texture of it - I almost didn't try it because I'm in a love affair with UDPP Eden, but I'm glad I did!

Have fun shopping this weekend - hope you get to see Beach:) And I'm sure you'll have a fab post about it too!

Charlestongirl said...

Laurie,

Thanks for the tip! I went to Nordstrom after work and bought the Beach collection. Love!

Charlestongirl said...

Yesterday, I tried every color of Tom Ford's new Private Blend Lip Color (on my arm, of course). There wasn't a single one I wanted! My favorite sales rep wasn't enamored either. Most of the shades were too dark or too bright and definitely too opaque for me. There is a nude color, but it's too light and not distinctive.

If you are looking for a lip that will draw attention, or you have the coloring to wear strong lips, the lip colors are in the stores. I saw them in their "presentation box" at Neiman Marcus. I'm going to save a bunch of money, since I won't be spending $45 a pop!

Charlestongirl said...

Which would you gals rather have for our next giveaway?

Ecotools brush set, NARS Multiple Tint, or MAC in Lillyland Pearlmatte Face Powder (the multi-colored one)? Something else, maybe?

Charlestongirl said...

A nice deluxe sampler set at Lancome.com with any $45 purchase. Free shipping too! Use code MAYDELUXE2 at checkout. Expires at midnight 5/15.

Kate Somerville has free shipping on all items through 5/31.

MAC has free shipping all weekend. Use code ARTISTS.

RAMY.com has a free liner set this weekend with every order over $50 - a free $30 set! Add "Promo Set" in the Promo Box/Comment Box, not the Coupon Box.

Philosophy Friends & Family offering a 20% discount. Use code HAPPINESS.

Plenty more, but those are the best I've received in the last 24 hours.