Monday, May 3, 2010

RODIN Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil

Some may consider body oils an indulgence. I consider them a necessity. There are so many nice ones from which to choose! I have known about RODIN's top-of-the-line Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil ($95) for a long time, but I never really wanted to pay for it, given the many fabulous body oils in my collection already.

Not too long ago, I finally decided it was time to try RODIN's Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil, and am I glad I did! Olio Lusso is an aromatic blend of 11 essential oils derived from flowers and other essential botanicals. Every one of them is known to hydrate, soothe, and soften the skin and make it glow. Olio Lusso is more than a liquid moisturizer; it's a natural, chemical-free fragrance as well. The scent is an aromatherapy treat.

I love to apply it before bed to lull me into a sense of well-being. One of my mental tricks for relaxation used to be imagining a garden, filled with beautiful flowers, all grown to perfection. Must have been something akin to counting daisy petals.

Linda Rodin, the creator of Olio Lusso oils, must have seen my garden! She spent 40 years as a stylist and editor in the fashion and beauty industry working behind the runway scenes and magazine covers, including a stint as a fashion editor for Harper's Bazaar. During that career, she saw every skin care product the industry had to offer. She said that she became disillusioned with the hype, knowing that many of the promises of eternal youth and instant gratification were bunk (my word, not hers). So she set out to develop a simple product - one that would drench the skin in moisture and make it look and smell good at the same time.

Her Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil ($140), her miracle elixir for the face, was the result of her quest. Once she tested it on models, makeup artists, and celebrities, she knew she had a hit. Word spread within the industry that Linda's face oil was a must-have. It made sense that she used her fab formula to create a body oil.

Here's what's in Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil: Jojoba Seed Oil, Jasmine Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Orange Flower Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, and Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (yep, our favorite argan oil). That's it! No chemicals, no preservatives, no stabilizers. You should hop over to RODIN's Web site to read about each of these botanical ingredients, what they do, and how. Once you do, you'll understand why this body oil smells so good - and works so well!

So, the next time you're in the mood to treat yourself (like I was after cracking a few ribs), remember RODIN Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil. You can find it at Beautyhabit in the U.S. Glowgetter carries it in the U.K. It's also available in tony spas and shops. There's a locator at the RODIN Web site.

You will love the way your skin feels!

Photo courtesy of Beautyhabit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i was always wondering about the body oils since i like to use oils on my face. my main worry was that it would stain my clothes or bed lines.

Charlestongirl said...

Anna,

They sink right into my skin and have never stained my sheets or night gowns. Try your argan oil on your body one night and see!