Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gorgeous Givenchy for Summer 2010

Givenchy has done it again! They keep introducing gorgeous makeup. Their latest introductions are little masterpieces. I'm already plotting to buy one more piece!

The Fleur de Frangipanier Unique Compact Powder ($45) looks as pretty on the face as it does in the pan. It's available in two shades, Island Sun and Island Tan. I have Island Sun, a light, shimmering finishing powder (shown here), and I've decided I need Island Tan too.

This powder was created using a special shade-blending technique that blends three different shades from the top to the bottom of the pan. That's pretty cool since many patterned palettes only carry their gorgeous designs on the surface! Though they are always blended in the same proportions, Givenchy says "the motives they create are unpredictable, which makes every single powder unique, just like the frangipani flower that inspired this product." Oh oh...does that mean I need to buy more than one Island Sun?

There is a light fragrance in this powder, and it really does smell like frangipani, a luscious tropical that I adore. While I'm not keen on fragrance in my makeup, this fragrance delights me. The compact is elegant, as one expects from Givenchy, with a tray on the bottom layer that slides forward to reveal a relatively useful brush.

Extending the theme, Givenchy has two new Le Prisme Unique Eyeshadow palettes ($29) in Island Lagoon and Island Sand. I bought Island Sand, a trio of softly shimmering neutral shades that brings to mind the many colors that make sand glisten.

These eye shadows were inspired by the natural landscapes of Mauritius, an island off the coast of Africa, and the three shades contained in each of the two palettes use the same blending technique as the Fleur de Frangipanier powder, making each palette unique and allowing for an infinite range of customized looks.

I wore Island Sand today and loved the way it flattered the blue in my eyes. I applied the shades one by one, creating a monochromatic look that turned out really well, if I may say so. You can swirl your brush over all the shades, though, if you are in a hurry. The result will be a beautiful golden beige that will flatter everyone.

You can purchase these beauties at Sephora. They are limited editions, so don't miss out!

Photos courtesy of Sephora

2 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

I want that shadow!

Charlestongirl said...

I sure wish I could wear those blue tones. I would buy that shadow too. I need to play with it in the store before I commit.

The one I bought, though, is absolutely WONDERFUL.