Thursday, May 20, 2010

LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer

LORAC says that all eyes will be on you when you use Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer ($20). I think that depends on the eye shadow you use, but I will tell you that this eye shadow primer works!

This gentle, lightweight, oil-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free formula keeps your eye shadow "picture-perfect from daytime to prime time." Prime time is any time I leave the house! Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw to be used behind the scenes on photo shoots and the red carpet, this nice eye shadow primer glides on easily for crease-resistant, silky-smooth color that lasts.

As you may remember, I've been on a mission to test primers of all types. I received this LORAC primer with the Little Black Palette. LORAC says to apply this primer with your finger(s), which makes application fast and easy. It takes only a tiny dab of product to cover the lid from lash line to brow. No fussing required to apply this one quickly.

How does it work? Courtesy of LORAC, here's how and why.
  • BentoneGel adds silkiness to your eyelids
  • NetTrioctanoin is emollient and moisturizing
  • White Beeswax is a conditioning agent
  • TimironSilk Red helps provide a silky glow
  • TalcBC provides a powdery after-feel and finish and serves as an anti-caking agent
  • Micropoly520 is a film former and line filler
  • Anti-crease formula, correction of imperfections and discoloration, and easy to spread and apply
I found almost all of this to be true. It's pink-nude in color, but when applied it adds just a hint of coverage to the eyelid area. I have some redness above my crease, and this primer blurs it, but doesn't completely cover it. The finish is semi-transparent. So, if I want to have a totally even base, I just apply a flesh-toned shadow over it.

It does feel silky and emollient. I like that. Even more impressive, though, is its effectiveness at increasing the longevity of my eye shadow. I first tried it with various powder shadows (expensive and inexpensive), and it performed like a champ. Then I tried it with my favorite Dior cream shadow and got the same results. Then I got evil and decided to test it with the NARS cream shadows, the ultimate test in my book. They are slippery on my eyelids, and without a primer, the color migrates to the crease. LORAC's primer passed the NARS test! The cream shadows stayed in place all day.

For its effectiveness, ease of use, and silky feel, LORAC's Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer gets a definite thumbs up!

You can purchase LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer at LORAC's Web site and Sephora. I think you'll like it.

Photo courtesy of LORAC

No comments: