Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Antica Farmacista Hotel Bel-Air Candle

An e-mail must be very special for me to place it here. Today's e-mail from Antica Farmacista was so special, I immediately called my Neiman Marcus sales associate, Kathy, to see if they've received the Hotel Bel-Air Candle ($42).

"Listen" to this.

A breathtaking fragrance that captures the magnificence of the gardens of the Hotel Bel-Air. Bright notes of tart lemon and cassis are accented by delicate floral highlights of jasmine, orange blossom, and lily of the valley. Sparkling water notes blend with the hotel's signature bougainvillea, evoking the lush floral splendor of the Hotel Bel-Air.

Having been to the Hotel Bel-Air and marveled at the glamour of the luscious gardens that have entertained Hollywood royalty, I must have this candle (preferably more than one - what if it were to sell out before I run out?).

I'm a candle addict. The owners of Art with Flowers, which sells luxury home and personal fragrances at Tysons Galleria, joke with me that I may have as many candles as they do. Scented candles (when placed safely) give me a feeling of luxury and peace of mind that is hard to match. Hmm, the word "match" just slipped out. No pun intended.

Anyone who reads Best Things in Beauty regularly knows that I live in perfumes graced by notes of jasmine, orange blossom, lily of the valley, and other white flowers - my weakness. Combine them with a whiff of citrus, and I'm intoxicated by the fragrance. That's what I'm expecting from Hotel Bel-Air, and I hope Antica Farmacista will follow the candle with a perfume soon.

Kathy doesn't think her Neiman Marcus store will receive the Hotel Bel-Air Candle (they carry Antica Farmacista, but not the candles [I'd change that if I were the buyer]). Perhaps I can find it at Nordstrom. I know that if my search doesn't yield it locally - really quickly - I'll be ordering online from Antica Farmacista. I need one (or maybe three).

Incidentally, if you do order from Antica Farmacista online, through December 7, you'll receive a complimentary 25 mls of Sandalwood Amber - unfortunately not my scent.

Photos courtesy of Antica Farmicista

6 comments:

lovethescents said...

Sounds gorgeous! My issues with scented candles are that they often don't provide enough scent. You practically have to burn your nare hairs to enjoy the fragrance. Or maybe I'm not buying the right brands????

MikkiD said...

This is so funny. I just bought 2 of their diffusers. I've never heard of them before, but they are divine. I have one in my lower floor and I can smell it from the 1st floor! Have to get another. Nordstrom does have candles in the store, but I didn't look at them to see what kind they had.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

You are definitely not buying the right brands! One of my favorites can be detected out in the mall corridor when Art with Flowers burns it in the store. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MikkiD!

I love everything AF does - also have their diffusers. I often give them as gifts too. Very classy, I think.

I need to call Nordies to see if they have Hotel Bel-Air. If they do, I'll be in my car in a heartbeat. I NEED that candle! I want a Bel-Air diffuser and perfume too, but first things first. We'll have to talk to @anticagirl about follow-on products.

lovethescents said...

Art with Flowers??? Googling now :-)

Charlestongirl said...

The Art with Flowers Web site is pretty useless, Lovethescents. Their Web developer disappeared mid-job.