Thursday, December 22, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Resort 2012 Collection: Go Where Beauty Takes You with Jet Set

Le Métier de Beauté's Jet Set Collection for Resort 2012 is a bright beauty! Resort collections are a fashion lover's best-kept secret. Just when women are layering cashmere over cotton to stay warm, designers inspire with spirited, special collections that transport us to far-away destinations: resorts.

Le Métier de Beauté's first Resort Collection, Jet Set, curated by Neiman Marcus' Ken Downing, gives us beautiful lips and nails to accompany our journey - whether it's a real trip or an imaginary voyage to warmer climes. Think Barbados or Key West. This collection of bright, eye-catching shades of nail lacquers and lip glosses will give you the perfect lift leading into spring. It will make you feel wild and wonderful, just like this Dolce & Gabbana floral sheath for resort. The look is casual and cheerful.

"For this collection, I plugged into the florescent color and bold brights trend that defines the season," said Downing. I created it for you, the girl on the go; it's perfect for wherever the season takes you!"

The collection, which arrived here as a gift on a gloomy day, is indeed a mood enhancer. I'll show you the three nail lacquers later today - or as soon as I can get some good photos.

For now, let's look at the two Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses ($32). The sun made a very brief appearance this morning, and I hopped right outside to get a few photos. The shades deliver luscious "gossamer color." Downing described them: "A bright, color-infused lip gloss glazes the lips with sheer color intensity."

HibisKiss is the perfect fuchsia balanced with true red. I held my arm in front of my wreath with its bright red bow to show you that HibisKiss is definitely fuchsia rose (not red to my eye) - and bright. It's an amazingly flattering shade, and I think it's going to work nicely for all skin shades.

Orange Juiced is a just-picked orange with a golden undertone and amazing sparkle. While it's extremely sheer, it delivers a punch to the lips with Pantone's tangerine color of the spring season. Just look at the radiance in the swatch on my arm! Add that to your own lip tone, and you'll be popping color. Even though I'm not "an orange person," Orange Juiced is amazingly pretty on my lips. Like HibisKiss, I think everyone's going to love the shade.

The glosses are ultra-lightweight and enriched with emollients and antioxidants, including vitamin E and lanolin. Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses drench the lips in sumptuous, punchy, transparent, and glossy color. The unique silky texture and easy-glide formula is never heavy, sticky, or tacky. I live in Le Métier de Beauté Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses.

Here's one more photo, illuminated by today's snatch of sunshine, to leave you with the I-wants. Le Métier de Beauté's Jet Set Collection will be available in January (early January, I'm told) at Neiman Marcus in stores and online and Bergdorf Goodman in stores and online. Will you be shopping before "spring break"?

Photos at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté, Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Swathi Narumanchi said...

Oh the gloden gloss is sooooo pretty ! Are these glosses comparable to the ysl golden glosses or the dior creme de gloss ?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Swathi!

Comparable in what sense? Weightless? Check! Shiny? Check! Gorgeous? Check! You may know I love the YSL glosses. I have to admit that I love LMdB's better.

Liz said...

oooh, i was never a fan of their sheer gloss but these two just might change my mind although i need to see them on lips to ensure that swatches translate well on lips.

Charlestongirl said...

I think they will, Liz. HibisKiss is nicely pigmented, and Orange Juiced gives me a tangerine glow. I'm smitten.

Anonymous said...

Too early for this. Why are cosmetic companies rushing us into summer?

Charlestongirl said...

Gosh, Anonymous...for the same reason resort clothing has hit the shelves. Fashion and beauty are linked at the lip.

Nemo said...

Charlestongirl, I am enjoying my LMDB products, all of which I bought because of you, the quintessential enabler. Today I went back to the Modern Merlot eye kit and loved it, and teamed it with the All About Me lip creme. I think LMDB makeup products are fun, something I never found before in any brand. Keep 'em coming!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo! What a great combination. You are way ahead of trying things than I am. This has been quite a week. I've been wearing All About Me, but not with MM. Must try that!

Don't you just adore All About Me? I ordered two extras. Never want to be without it!

Leigh said...

Both are gorgeous! I'm most excited about the unique orange gloss. It'll be fun to experiment with layering over different lipsticks.

Thanks so much, by the way, for becoming my first follower on Twitter! It's an honor.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh!

You're welcome! I remember what it was like to be new to Twitter. :)

Orange Juiced is amazing. I am already loving it. Our weather has been so tropical...seems perfect for December.

lovethescents said...

LOVE the Hibiskiss. It's very springy, summery, and as you noted, LMdB does a gorgeous formulation.

Charlestongirl said...

Oooh, I think you'd love them both, Lovethescents. Let me know if you need a personal shopper.

lovethescents said...

Thank you, Charlestongirl. You're too good to me <3