Friday, December 9, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Color - Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012

Run, don't walk, to the phone (if not your local Chanel counter) to ask about the arrival of Chanel's Rouge Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012. There are four new Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colors ($32), and every one of them is stunning.

I arranged them in numeric order, left to right in these photos. Superstition, shade #38 at left, is a golden beige. Paradis (#39) is described by Chanel as a pink coral. The pink, Charme (#40), is the third shade shown. The shade on the right is Destinée (#41), a rosy plum. There is also a re-promoted shade not shown here, Chalys, a luminous coral.

These shades are sheer (to varying degrees) and shiny. I think they're luscious, definitely my favorite-ever Rouge Coco lipsticks.

I swatched in the same order presented above, with Superstition at the top of my arm and Destinée at the bottom. My swatch photos were taken in full, mid-day sunshine. Superstition is one of the prettiest nudes I've ever worn. It has some color on my lips, leaving a shiny light peach look that would be too light if it were just a smidgen lighter. It's not, and it's perfect. Paradis is indeed a pink coral. It's a ripe shade, one that offers a bright, breezy look that screams spring. Charme is a charming pink; it must have been easy to name. The pink could not be more flattering. Destinée is more rose than plum to my eye - a delicious shade.

I could gush. I gushed as I applied each of these shades, so why not share the enthusiasm? I think these shades are divine. The swatches picked up a little more direct sun in the photo at right (compared to the one above), and I hope you can see how they gleam in the light.

I'm sure you know that Rouge Coco is a lightweight lip color that glides on for easy application. The formula features a "Hydratendre Complex" to help soften, soothe, and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture - for a plumper, smoother, and healthier-looking appearance. The color lasts a very reasonable amount of time. I'll admit I often top Rouge Coco with clear gloss after an hour to keep my lips feeling very moist. The new transparent Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers for spring will be perfect toppers for these lipsticks.

Before this collection, Rouge Coco has been offered in a range of shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer. I'm not sure you can call all four of these new colors full-coverage, and that's fine with me. I love sheer lipsticks, and three of these shades are sheer. Destinée, the darkest, is the exception, offering fuller coverage.

You should be able to find the Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012 at your favorite Chanel counter - if not today, soon. It's on display at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria, where I bought my four new Rouge Coco lip colors. Will you be joining me in the love fest? You may decide you don't need all four, but will one or two come home with you?

Update 12/10: The Rouge Coco shades are listed as limited editions, and they are now available at Chanel's Web site.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Jenny P said...

Sooo beautiful!! The beige and the pink??!! Could not have asked for more " me " colors! My counter is getting them this week and I can not wait!! The blush, the RC shines, the Rouge Cocos?!?!? Merry Christmas!!!! And thank you soo much for the beautiful swatches! !!

Evelyn said...

I'm going to have to give Destinee another try. I think I was so mesmerized by the blush I didn't really get excited about the lipsticks. lol

Dovey said...

I'm completely charmed by charme. It's such a pretty spring pink, and I can see the luminosity from your swatch. There appear to be pink reflects? Superstition sounds amazing too. I have a soft spot for nudes, and this one looks as if it won't disappoint!

Thanks for posting. I was holding my breath for this one and it didn't disappoint!

Swathi Narumanchi said...

Pinks almost always tempt me. The only Rouge Coco I own is Mademoiselle and I love it so much that I rarely use it. Lol I know weird logic.

These look very wearable and pretty. But the most stunning item of the whole collection for me still would be the quad.

time4beauty said...

I want the darkest!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Jenny!

I think you'll have a blast shopping!

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

I can see why! I might have overlooked it. Could have passed it by assuming it would be dark. :)

Charlestongirl said...

I totally understand, Swathi! It's because you don't ever want to run out of it. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Dovey,

I'm trying to decide if Charme gets a coveted place in my purse!

Charlestongirl said...

You'll look great in that shade, Time4Beauty!

Northerngirl said...

Beautiful colors. I adore Chanel products. One never has enough Chanel lipsticks or glosses.
It's to bad Canadians can't order from Chanel on line. I'm 500 miles away from the city and I won't be going to the city until next month - sniff, sniff.

Tina said...

Oh nooooo. I thought I would manage to pass on the Rouge Cocos. Your swatches have me planning to go try them at the counter tomorrow. My wallet is hoping they're not as pretty on as your swatches, lol.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh no, Northerngirl! How do you get your Chanel in Canada? Drive?

Charlestongirl said...

I think they are, Tina. Get ready for a wallet hit. :)

Walls said...

Is it bad that I want them all?!

Walls said...

To Northerngirl: I am from Canada, though living in the US, and I know that HBC and Holt Renfrew offer delivery (at a fee, of course) and you can order by phone from the Chanel Boutique on Bloor Street in Toronto.

Polarbelle said...

These are really lovely. I would love two and probably two polishes. Chanel online no longer ships to Alaska for some unknown reason, so they won't be getting my money. But maybe somewhere, sometime I'll run into these. Lovely lovely swatches.

Heather said...

Thank you for these swatches! Quick question: do you have RC Etole from Chanel Fall? If so, how close is it to Destinee?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Heather,

Sorry - I don't have it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Polarbelle!

Good grief, that's "state discrimination"!

Bridget said...

Superstition is a lovely shade! I love Coco Rouge!