Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chanel Blush Horizon de Chanel Soft Glow Blush - Harmonie de Printemps for Spring 2012

Chanel's Harmonie de Printemps for Spring 2012 Collection is one of the prettiest Chanel spring collections I've ever seen. Essentially, I bought the entire collection - cash-on-the-line proof that I was swept away by the pastel colors and innovative pieces.

I wanted to show you the collection's centerpiece, Blush Horizon de Chanel Soft Glow Blush ($58) first. I had expected peach tones from Chanel's promotional photos (you can see one here). Even better (for me), this blush is pink - a striped compact with draw-in-your-breath shades of pink.

I had a photo challenge today. It's raining steadily outside. There was no chance of getting outdoor photos, so I rigged up a little indoor studio and did the best I could. The photos of the compact are fairly true without using flash. The palette offers vibrant shades of pink, with one white stripe and one gold stripe. It's gorgeous in the compact.

I applied the blended shades very heavily for my swatch photos - too heavily for indoor photos. Bear with me, please, while I learn how to take swatch photos indoors for the winter. You can see I didn't have enough light because my arm is not as not as "tan" in real life as it appears in these photos.

I blended all of the colors for my swatches. The stripes aren't broad enough (in my opinion) to pick and choose with a blush brush. At the top of my arm, you'll see the shades swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator. Below, there's a swatch applied with a dense blush brush.

The blush is vibrant when applied heavily. You won't apply it as heavily as I did for these photos. When applied normally, it offers a pretty-in-pink look to the cheeks. The pink leans cool on my skin, but it isn't so cool that those with warm-toned skin should pass on it. Try it.

A particularly attractive feature of Blush Horizon de Chanel Soft Glow Blush (Blush Éclat Douceur) is the absence of sparkle. This blush will make you look naturally perky. I plan to start wearing it now - in December - when color is welcome.

You heard it here first: Blush Horizon de Chanel Soft Glow Blush from Harmonie de Printemps is going to sell out - quickly. Check in with your Chanel representative or favorite sales associate quickly. The spring collection is arriving now at stores throughout the country. Speak up soon to claim yours.

News for DC-area gals...Chanel's National Makeup Artist John Fussell will be at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria on Friday - this week. If you'd like an appointment to see him (and the new collection, which will be available for his appearance to launch Harmonie de Printemps, call Kathy Shoreman at (571) 212-8399, or ask for Janine Greenberg at Chanel at (703) 761-1600.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

22 comments:

Evelyn said...

I love mine too! Especially since I don't blush coral or peach naturally. :) I thought the "glow" part was just a name and then I tried it on and it actually does have a glow to it without glitter. I am impressed.

pretty addicted said...

Ugh, I was hoping to get away with not wanting this. Fail.

I wonder, how does the stripe pattern hold up to use?

Rola said...

The blush is gorgeous, perfect for Spring!

Eileen said...

Yes, indeed, this spring we're all going to be "pretty in pink" :-) And the really great thing is that there seems to be a beautiful selection for almost everyone: warm to cool, dark to light, intense to subtle, matte glow to shimmery sensation. It's definitely the key color for the season. Whether you pair it with the new soft greens, lilacs, or even apricot (Chanel), it's sure to flatter. We all know one of the most flattering lights is soft pink. This blush certainly beats carrying a pink light bulb around with us! LOL

Hi pretty addicted,

I don't know for sure about this one, but with all my other Chanel stripped products, the stripes go all the way down to the pan.

rochelle said...

The spring collection is out already? There goes the reprieve I thought my wallet was going to have!

Just wanted to say thanks for getting things up so quickly, especially for the heads up on special LMdB releases :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn - so glad you got one (Macy's in NY, right?).

It does glow - the marvels of modern chemistry. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pretty Addicted!

It's clear to me that these strips are here to stay - all the way to the pan.

Charlestongirl said...

It is, Rola! For faces like mine, it's seasonless.

Charlestongirl said...

You're spot-on right, Eileen - soft pink, candlelight...they make us look better than we normally do. Come to think of it, if there were a universal bulb, we could all carry our own - what a hoot! Great idea!

I keep saying pink and peach for spring because I know the peach focus coming from some of the lines. For some, the distinction blurs (there are some who look at what I call peach and call it pink). Whatever, right? It's all good!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Rochelle!

Yes, Chanel has many more collections then they did 15 years ago (as I recall). I guess lines brimming with creativity and deep pockets can keep us spending year-round. No breaks for the wallet!

pretty addicted said...

Thanks, ladies! I will have to check this out. I am trying to wait til I can see it in person, but it's going to be tough!

Evelyn said...

Yes, Macy's in NYC, actually on Staten Island of all places where I wouldn't have expected it to be yet. You have not seen bad makeup until you've been to makeup counters on Staten Island.

lovethescents said...

This is already available??? What? I need to look for this! Goodness this is beautiful. I don't think I have anything quite like this....I need to stay away from things I have that are already similar. Stunning!

pinkribbons said...

Oh my how bright is the blush? Looks gorgeous though I would have loved to see a peach/ orange version.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Lovethescents! Spring has sprung...a bit early. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PinkRibbons,

It's bright if you apply too much, but applied normally, it's extremely flattering.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how exactly it works but it gives you a magical healthy beautiful subtle glow! Love it! And I don't normally like pinks - especially this time of the year...

Miss Brahms said...

This pink is universally flattering - I am very pale with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, and it gives me a flush of feminine pink - but my friend at work who has golden skin glows in it it too!
You will love the entire collection. There is not one piece that is not flattering - I cannot wait for Charlestongirl to review the eye quad......

Charlestongirl said...

Yo, Miss Brahms, I'd never describe your hair as strawberry blonde (unless you changed it yesterday LOL).

Buttery blond, maybe.

Eye quad is next, and the sun is out for photos!

Charlestongirl said...

So true, Nina!

Anonymous said...

I just bought that, and I can say, AMAZING!

Charlestongirl said...

Glad you love it too, Barb. I think it's a must-have.