I haven't had a bar of soap at any sink in my house for over 10 years. I prefer scented liquid hand soap, and because I'm such a frequent hand washer, I consider it a luxury to use only the best. I was joyful when I learned that Laura Slakin had added Liquid Hand Soaps ($22) to the NEST Fragrance Collection. I love NEST, so it made sense that I would love the new hand soaps - and I do!
"This is a very important new product launch for NEST Fragrances; our Liquid Hand Soap launch is the first of many more to come," said Slatkin, founder and CEO of NEST Fragrances. "Plans are underway to transform NEST Fragrances into a luxury lifestyle brand. Over the coming year, we will be expanding our repertoire to include a wider range of fragranced products. Our customers have expressed a deep interest in having us translate these fragrances into personal care and other beauty products."
Containing natural plant extracts that clean and nourish the skin, while leaving behind a light, luscious fragrance, the new Liquid Hand Soaps are housed in custom-made, sleek, and modern plastic bottles that feature NEST's iconic branding. They are available in 10-ounce bottles in the following scents.
- Bamboo - flowering bamboo, white florals, sparking citrus, and fresh green accords (who doesn't love the Bamboo candles?)
- Grapefruit - pink pomelo grapefruit, watery green nuances, lily of the valley, and coriander blossom
- Moroccan Amber - Moroccan amber, sweet patchouli, helioptrope, bergamot, and eucalyptus
- Moss & Mint - garden mint, apple blossom, muguet, oakmoss, and vetiver
- Orange Blossom - orange blossom, orchid, tiare flower, freesia, tangerine, lemon, and musk
- Wasabi Pear - Anjou pear with fresh, ozonic watery notes and wasabi
The bottles are beautifully designed. I care that my hand soaps don't take up too much room on the counter. The NEST bottles are sleek without being top-heavy. They dispense the right amount of liquid soap with one pump. Fortunately, they are plastic. I have a tendency to knock things over, and if I don't, Charlie will. There will be no soap all over the tile floors in my bathrooms.
If you want to join me in NEST nirvana - and you should - you can find the new Liquid Hand Soaps at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, along with specialty stores nationwide. Even if you don't want one for yourself, they make amazing house gifts. Take NEST's new Liquid Hand Soap to your next host or hostess, and you will be the most popular guest at the party.
Photo by NEST Fragrances