Sunday, December 18, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Jan's Jewel Lip Crème - Swatched

Yesterday, I got my hands on Le Métier de Beauté's Jan's Jewel Lip Crème ($36). I also got to visit with Erin Lockard, so it was a perfect day. Jan's Jewel is exclusive to Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria, and Erin helped celebrate the launch. The Le Métier de Beauté counter was hopping!

I promised swatches, and the sun finally made an appearance here. It has been cloudy for days. So, without further ado (and assuming you read the preview feature I posted last week, here are two swatch photos of Jan's Jewel.

As you can see, this lip color is a very sheer pastel grape. It's also brilliant. I "painted" it onto my arm in multiple coats to get enough color for the photos. Apply one coat, and it's a sheer, shiny gloss. You can build the color for more oomph.

For the second photo here, I turned my arm slightly away from the sun to try to get better color rendition. I hope you can see how pretty Jan's Jewel is. Add the pigment of your own lip color, and you get a gloss shade that's as perfect as it gets for some of us.

If you'd like to be the happy owner of Jan's Jewel Lip Crème, which is a very limited edition, call the counter at (703) 761-1600. When I left yesterday, there were still some available for sale.

I promised a comparison of Jan's Jewel and All About Me. Here it is at right, with Jan's Jewel shown at the top of my arm and All About Me below. As you can see, All About Me is more pigmented. The shades are quite different in color and saturation.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Flyavsted said...

Jans jewel is so gorgeous!

Liz said...

BEAUTIFUL! I hope Kathy gets back to me soon b/c I want that lip creme on my lips like....now! :)
At least, I feel "safe" that you were able to talk to them to set one aside for me. Thank you, CG!

Charlestongirl said...

I think so too, Flyavsted! If it weren't holiday shipping time, I'd offer to get you one and ship it. Unfortunately, I can't even think about going near the Post Office again before Christmas.

Charlestongirl said...

Liz, it's on hold for you, and I just called, but Kathy was helping someone. Layla made sure you had one, and I just re-texted Kathy your phone number so she can get your charge number.

If you want to try her again, do it around 5:00 ET.

Nemo said...

I like All About Me better, and that's good, because that's the one I'm getting!

Charlestongirl said...

Goodie, Nemo! Actually, I love them both. I think Jan's Jewel would look fabulous on you (from what I know). Sure you're going to pass?

lovethescents said...

Oh my! Absolutely stunning!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

I think Jan selected a pretty shade. I know I'll wear it often.

Flyavsted said...

You're such a sweetheart! If someone is going to mail something it is moi! I need to get your p.o. address so I can send you something!

Charlestongirl said...

No, Flyavsted! Don't go near a Post Office! The week before Christmas here brings out all the crazies. I assume it's like that everywhere.

Cheers! Thanks for thinking about me. :)

Connie said...

Its beautiful! I hope I'm not too late to order this. I was out Xmas shopping and just caught up on all you new posts!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Connie, I don't think you are too late. Probably we are all behind the curve this time of year. :)

Give the store a call!