Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Klix Makeup Brushes

Are you one of the many women who don't clean their makeup brushes - or don't clean them very often? It's too much trouble; you have no idea when you did it last; it's time-consuming. Admit it - even if it's just to yourself. No self-respecting beauty addict would use a dirty brush, right?

Now that we've had a collective confession (I suspect), take a look at Klix, the company that created replaceable, recyclable makeup brush heads, so we won't have to spend time cleaning, rinsing, drying, and reshaping our makeup brushes. Your skin will thank you.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that makeup brushes can harbour bacteria, makeup residue, oil, dust - all things that shouldn't contaminate your tools. If you suffer from acne, rosacea, or sensitive skin, dirty brushes can exacerbate the condition. Incidentally, when you get a makeover at a beauty counter or sample a product on your face, make sure the brush being used was cleaned first.

Klix sent me some sample brushes, and I love them! The heads on the blush and powder brushes are extraordinarily soft, which makes for a light application of products that should be applied lightly. I can build color with them, but I never get too much on the first application. Perfect!

Klix designed their innovative, synthetic brushes to mimic natural hair. I'm tired of having to track down who killed or traumatized what animals to manufacture my makeup brushes. Makeup companies can be amazingly mum on the source of their brush hairs.

The white brush heads allow you to see any product build-up and know when it's time to replace the head. Button-touch removal releases the brush head in an instant, allowing you to toss the old head in the recycle bin and start fresh and clean. I don't suffer from acne or oily skin, and I find that a once/month refresh is about right for me.

You might think that the convenience of Klix comes with a high price. Actually, a powder brush costs $24; it comes with a second brush head; and a set of two replacements is only $11. A set of three brushes, concealer/foundation brush, blush brush, and powder brush, costs only $59. Most of us spend more than that on an eye palette (which can also be contaminated with a dirty brush).

You can check out all the options and prices at the Klix Web site,where you can watch a short promotional video. The Web site is "sparse," but the idea is flawless. Klix brushes would make nice holiday gifts for your hard-to-surprise friends.

Photo courtesy of Klix

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooh! Let me just bookmark that for my chronic acne sufferers! Honestly until I got my license and could get the professional products I was forever looking for a brush cleanser that actually cleaned brushes. Now that I've got Parian in a spray bottle I can leave the full on washing to once a month, which is around when I run out of eye brushes. I mostly use the stuff on brushes that I use with cream and liquid (can we say foundation anyone?) products.

Charlestongirl said...

It's pretty cool, Rachel. Some of the simplest ideas (seemingly) can be brilliant!

I have to admit I don't clean a favorite touch-up brush often enough. I use it around my eyes, and I really need to get better about remembering to wash it.

Harshleen said...

Great idea! I would definitely be sharing this with my readers.....thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

That's great, Harshleen!