Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Sheer Hydrating Lipstick - Harmonie de Printemps for Spring 2012

The two new shades of Rouge Coco Shine ($32) from the Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012 are a departure from their Rouge Coco Shine predecessors. They are extremely sheer - almost like tinted balm - and so pretty I had to have both.

Candeur (#68) is an extremely light, transparent pink. Flirt (#69) is a light peach. Both shades offer a prefect complement to spring makeup and fashion. The color trends for spring are pink and peach. You'll be ready for either tone with these sheer, gleaming beauties.

As I mentioned in the Blush Horizon de Chanel Soft Glow Blush feature below, I was challenged by today's steady rain, and I had to take my photos indoors. We expect to see sunshine tomorrow, so I'll be continuing to feature Chanel's new colors then, hopefully with better (lighter) photos. For now, my apologies. I wanted to start showing you the collection now, and Mother Nature isn't cooperating.

Candeur is shown at the top of my arm, with Flirt below it. You can see that Flirt offers much more color than Candeur. Candeur is an extremely sheer, peachy, nude pink in the tube. On my lips, with their natural light rose pigment, it's pink - extremely light pink. Flirt is a gorgeous peach shade in the tube and on my arm. Added to my natural lip tone, the shade is a knock-out pink-toned peach, lively and with much more color payoff than Candeur. Even with my cool-toned skin, the shade works perfectly. It's love.

Anyone who loves ultra-sheer, hydrating lip colors is going to swoon over the new Rouge Coco Shines for spring. I've been swooning for a day, and I doubt the lightheaded feeling will go away anytime soon. In fact, I'm plotting my purchase of a second Flirt. I wouldn't want to be left without one, and at the rate I apply creamy, luscious, hydrating lip products, I'll use up the one I have pretty quickly.

Check in with your Chanel representative or favorite sales associate to pre-order or purchase these lovely harbingers of spring. The spring collection is arriving now at stores throughout the country.

Repeat news for DC-area gals...Chanel's National Makeup Artist John Fussell will be at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria on Friday - this week. If you'd like an appointment to see him (and the new collection, which will be available for his appearance to launch Harmonie de Printemps, call Janine Greenberg at Chanel at (703) 761-1600.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Dovey said...

After reading this post I feel like I'm in a more romantic spring-y mood! Candeur and Flirt look more beautiful than I expected in your swatches. I was uncertain whether Candeur would show up on the lips, but now I'm a bit more encouraged to try it. I can't wait to see your other spring 2012 posts :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey!

Candeur is very light. It works for me, but may be too light for those with dark coloring.

I can't wait for sunshine. I found myself singing the tune from Annie awhile ago...

The sun will come out, tomorrow...

lovethescents said...

Candeur is going on my list for spring, for sure. It's right up my alley. I adore peaches and corals and oranges of all shades. Thank you for a great review!

The Blossom Shed said...

ooh I love both of these shades! particularly the light, candy pink.

pinkribbons said...

Flirt is the winner of the 2 in my opinion. I can see it on my lips already!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

If you are into peach, then you need Flirt!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Blossom Shed!

They are so pretty - I couldn't choose. Easier to buy both!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pinkribbons,

I think you'll love it. I just need to get my second one - fast.

Isla said...

Flirt is beautiful--is it really less pigmented than the earlier ones? It looks so vibrant and pretty in the swatch!

Miss Brahms said...

The entire collection is gorgeous. There is not one thing I would not wear or like - and that has been a rarity lately with me! I love what I am seeing for Spring 2012!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Isla,

Yes, I painted it on very heavily for that swatch photo.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Brahms,

Yes, I fear spring will deplete our wallets - it's so pretty!