Monday, December 12, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Uma Paro Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss

Some lip glosses will stay with me forever. Le Métier de Beauté's Uma Paro Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss ($32) sits firmly in my forever category. So far, I've purchased three of them, and if I thought Uma Paro were in danger of disappearance, I'd buy eight more.

Gaia, The Non-Blonde, and I are both Uma Paro devotees. We think it's an amazing lip gloss shade. What's fabulous is that our coloring is very different. She's the non-blonde; I'm the blonde. Gaia's skin is darker than mine. She has brown eyes; my eyes are blue (most of the time). I always get a kick out of our fragrance differences too. Gaia loves sophisticated, warm, earthy, complex fragrances, while I gravitate to linear florals and fruits. You can bet...If she loves a scent, I probably won't and vice versa.

We do agree on Uma Paro. It's a plum shade that works for everyone. So we decided to collaborate on an Uma Paro feature today. My photos show the Uma Paro I pulled out of my handbag. I never go anywhere without it. That's why you'll see - if you look closely - that the tube isn't full.

Luxuriously crafted with the right amount of sparkle, Uma Paro drenches the lips in a buildable veil of semi-transparent color that responds to the lip’s natural hue, giving everyone a custom shade.

There's one explanation for Uma Paro's appeal to Gaia and me. We think it's a perfect gloss for everyone. It dazzles, but it isn't glittery or gritty.

The unique, ultra-lightweight, hydrating formula is enriched with emollients and antioxidants, including vitamin E and lanolin for beautiful, supple lips.

This is marketing speak that's true. I love the way Uma Paro feels on my lips. I often reach for it in my handbag when my lips need color and moisture. When I wear it alone, it gives me ample color, particularly when I want the focus on my eyes. I also layer it over lipsticks of many colors - just because I love it. Because I don't use lip testers in stores, I often finish a Le Métier de Beauté's makeup artist's work with my own tube of Uma Paro.

Here are a couple of swatch photos that show Uma Paro on my skin. I built the color so that the gloss would pop in full sun. Don't let my arm-painting technique make you think the shade applies unevenly. It applies perfectly, and I can apply one coat or two, depending on how much color I want. It never feels sticky or tacky (cat fur doesn't stick to my lips when I'm wearing it).

Now, pop over to The Non-Blonde to read Gaia's impressions of Uma Paro and see how it looks on her skin. It's a marvel of adaptability - and a perfect lip gloss shade for any season.

Le Métier de Beauté Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses are available at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and select Nordstrom locations (online too).

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Nina said...

I have Uma Paro and love the color, (I'm a green-eyed blonde with very fair skin) but find it does not stay on at all! It is very moisturizing, feels and looks great, but no wear at all for me :( Do I have a defective one? This is my one and only LMdB gloss. Any thoughts??

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nina,

It's a regular lip gloss in terms of longevity of wear. I don't get more than an hour out of most lip glosses. I've never timed Uma Paro, but my gut feeling is that it's about 1.5 hours for the full dazzling color effect of Uma Paro on my lips.

katie said...

How does this compare to La Belle? Perhaps la belle is more purple?? I may need Uma Paro!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Katie!

Here's my photo of La Belle.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2010/09/le-metier-de-beaute-la-belle-sheer.html

To my eye, La Belle, which I also adore, is more purple, less rose. There's a new one, Purple Haze, that I haven't had time to photograph.

time4beauty said...

I looks beautiful!
I have another gloss - Kat vod "Stromy" which is pretty similar. I got it on Sephora sale for 9$ and ir's just perfect.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Time4Beauty! I love these kinds of colors - so flattering!

If it weren't Kat, I'd check it out. I'm kinda anti-Kat von D after the Jesse James affair - and all the tattoos.

time4beauty said...

I bought it before all those things happened. And I love the color so much, that simply can't drop it. Especially taking into consideration that we don't have LMDB here.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Time4Beauty! I did too, before the affair - even did a KVD giveaway. Now? Wonder why Sephora still carries the line.

Nemo said...

I love this color and I want one, too! Kathy Shoreman, here I come! It will be lovely with the new LMDB Capital eye kit that just arrived at my door. Carefully removed my existing shadows with my CHANEL eye makeup remover, then dove into the new Capital eye kit. WOW! Beautiful! Thank you, Charlestongirl, for your blogs on the eye kit and now the Uma Paro.

Charlestongirl said...

Fun, Nemo! So glad you like it!

Leigh said...

LMdB really is the best, isn't it? I adore my tube of Uma Paro, too, and last weekend I picked up Purple Haze in addition to my Capitol preorder.

Charlestongirl, I love Capitol! Michael demonstrated how he would layer it on my eyes, and the result was fresh and sophisticated at the same time. Perhaps you have the time to take a peek at my makeover photos. I'm always interested in comparing different individuals' looks. :)

DRTVrMoi said...

I'm chuckling as temptation calls. During the holidays, I purchased my first LMdB Corinthian eyeshadow. It has grown feet and disappeared before even being worn. I'm hoping the elfs will find it. If not, I am sorely tempted to own Uma Paro.

Thank you for the combined review with Gaia. You ladies produce my favorite blogs. Happy holidays to you.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh! That looks fabulous on you. For anyone who would like to see, her link can be found at...
http://creatureofdesign.blogspot.com/2011/12/eyes-le-metier-de-beaute-capitol.html

I haven't even had time to feature my visit with Erin. Gotta catch up!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh no, DRTVrMoi! From someone who "misplaces" things daily, I can understand the frustration. Look under the bed. That's where my cat Savannah stashed my undies.

Thanks for the sweet compliment! Happy Holidays to you too!

lovethescents said...

Beautiful for the holidays! This would look perfect with a Santa hat :-)