Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chanel Les 4 Ombres, Ombres à Paupières Quatuor in Éclosion - Harmonie de Printemps for Spring 2012

Oooh, baby! That's what one of my buddies always says when he contemplates a windfall, like winning the lottery. That's what came to my mind when I saw Chanel's Les 4 Ombres, Ombres à Paupières Quatuor in Éclosion ($52) from the Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012. Oooh, baby! The colors offer a beautiful harmony for spring's joyful re-awakening.

If I could have a duo with the two shades on the left side of Éclosion (#34), I might have one of those happiest-gals-on-earth moments. Gleaming peach and light taupe, combined, for a look that flatters blue eyes like little else. There's something for everyone in Éclosion. The left side of the palette is my "gift." The other two shades? Nice - really nice - but they are almost a bonus.

Let's take a look at the swatches. My photos were taken in full sun, and I applied the shades heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. We'll use a brush to apply them properly - and with a lighter hand. I swatched clockwise, starting at the top left in the compact.

At the top, the divine, gleaming (not glittering) peach makes me have palpitations. Not only is it gorgeous on the eyelids, it's even a flattering blush or highlighter. Could I have a baking pan full of it, please? The sparkling light beige next to the peach in the compact is close to my skin tone. Fortunately, it offers more than sparkle if you build the color. Work at it if your skin is light, and you'll see a slightly peach-toned color that's beautiful with every other color in the palette. You may actually want to use a sponge-tipped applicator to apply this shade. It will show you the color, not just pretty little sparklies.

The brown-leaning plum shade is a great liner on me. It's also a wonderful layering shade when applied with the right brush (long, loose hairs, such as Le Métier de Beauté's crease brush, favored by Dustin Lujan). The gleaming light taupe? Steady my heart, it doesn't get much better. There may even be a hint of peach pigment in the taupe. It complements the peach shade so well, it may contain a pigment that's a distant cousin. I'll take a baking pan full of the light taupe too, please.

I'll get a lot of use out of this eye shadow quad. While I may not reach for the brown-plum shade often (that's not one of the best eye colors for me), I suspect I'll wear out the other three shades - unless I can find someone at Chanel who would be willing to supply those baking pans. I'm feeling a fatal attraction to Éclosion (fatal to my bank account). Surely Chanel would consider my euphoria to be a priority!

What do you think? Is an affair with Éclosion in your future? You should be able to fall in love at your nearest Chanel counter. The Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2011 is on display at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria, where I bought my new favorites.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Martha said...

Wow, I wasn't planning on looking at the quad, but the taupe and plummy brown remind me of Kaska Beige, which I LOVE. I am really liking the brighter peach as well- great for blue eyes. Chanel always manages to turn out something fresh and new, yet classic at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I long to buy the Speing 2012 collection, but I can't find it online anywhere. My local stores won't have the collection until February probably.

Eileen said...

"Is an affair with Éclosion in your future?" For me the answer is a resounding yes! I just got the call from my wonderfully attentive Chanel MA telling me that she had a quad with my name on it :-) I'm picking it up tomorrow and can hardly wait to get this beautiful assortment of "blossoming" shades. Not only does Éclosion appear to be ideally suited to blue eyes, but these springtime shades are going to make green eyes sparkle and pop and brown eyes shimmer with warmth. I think this particular quad is going to be a staple in many a woman's spring to summer rotation.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful review & lovely photos as usual ;) Did you by chance take a look at the nail polishes for the Spring collection? I'm curious about the color April, I'm wondering if it is more of a red color or deep magenta? Can't tell from some of the various photos I have seen online :/

Soni said...

Oh goodness...the blush was already on my wishlist & now I'm going to have to add this as well. I have light green eyes and I think these shades will do just as good a job on green eyes as they will on blue eyes. (I hope!) Gorgeous pics!!! Thank you!

Eileen, I'm going to have to switch to YOUR Chanel MA (& store) mine is always SO slow to get things in. :(

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Martha!

So true, Chanel does update looks/colors with seasonal precision!

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, where are you?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

Yep, these shades are going to look great on everyone. I'm smitten.

Glad to hear that there's a quad with your name on it. This one's going to sell out.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I purchased all the nail colors and will feature them ASAP. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Soni, as Eileen said, it's going to look fabulous with green eyes, and brown eyes... It's a quad for everyone!

You two need to get together and shop and trade California secrets. :)

Evelyn said...

Darn it, I wasn't sure I was going to buy this when I saw it but now...you're making me reconsider. :)

Leigh said...

Gorgeous! If the last couple of months was all about highlighters for me, then I'm afraid that the next two will be all about eyeshadows. How did the LMdB Capitol Kaleidoscope event last Wednesday go?

Charlestongirl said...

Look at it this way, Evelyn. It's an investment in your happiness!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh,

I'm off to an event at NM, but I'll fill you in later.

Cheers!

Swathi Narumanchi said...

The quad is soooooooooooo pretty !!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Swathi - indeed! Exquisite!

Charlestongirl said...

Leigh,

I had so much fun with Erin and Michael and Lisa! Erin looked as flawless as she always does, and she spent her time making the rest of us look pretty. I have photos and will share, hopefully over the weekend.

I asked her to apply the Capitol K to me. She went light on the plum shade (a wise women) and used the others for a beautiful result. She's got serious talent (and is a doll inside and out).

Leigh said...

Sounds delightful, Charlestongirl. Hopefully I can make it to the next event. I'm going over this evening to pick up my preorder of the Capitol K. Can't wait to see it in person! Also looking forward to your photos.

Joey said...

This is the first time in years that I see a Chanel quad that I actually want - and will most likely buy! The last time this happened was when Mystic Eyes came out in 2008. I ended up receiving that one as a lovely gift from one of my surrogate mothers, so maybe this one will fall into my paws magically as well! Although I'll most likely buy it after I get paid ;) xo

...I'm just daydreaming about that peach!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joey!

This is definitely a must-buy. Love it!

Trying to get back on a weekday to get your donuts so I can mail them for overnight delivery. :)

Polarbelle said...

I have to say I'm amazed to see a pigmented peach shadow from Chanel. They've needed that for a very long time. Wonderful photos.