Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chanel Les Vernis Nail Colour - Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012

Three new Chanel nail shades grace Chanel's Rouge Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012: April (#533), May (#535), and June (#539).

April is described by Chanel as Garnet. As a gem lover, I'd call it rubellite tourmaline in the bottle or indoors, but I can see the garnet in daylight. May brings intense, pastel pink. June, a limited edition, is pastel tangerine, Pantone's color for Spring 2012. All three shades are delightful. I'll wear June, even though it's not "my shade." It's light and pretty.

Just in case you're new to Best Things in Beauty, I have to acknowledge that my painting skills are deficient. That said, I did swatch each shade, painting two coats that looked more perfect inside than they did under the glare of full, mid-day sun. The colors are pure. There are no sparkles or glitter, but they offer a gleam that reflects sunlight beautifully.

April's "garnet" shade is my favorite. It has an old-fashioned glamour that appeals to me. It's red, but not "screaming red." I think it has a quiet elegance. May and June are evocative of spring flowers. Can you see the tulips, proudly announcing their rebirth?

I think June could have used a third coat, but that's a personal preference. Apply two coats, and there's still a tiny bit of uneven transparency. That may be due to my lack of skill.

These new Les Vernis Nail Colors will coordinate perfectly with the makeup in the Harmonie de Printemps Collection. It's going to be an exciting, colorful spring!

You should be able to find Chanel's Harmonie de Printemps Collection for Spring 2012 at your favorite Chanel counter - if not today, very soon. It's on display at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria, where I bought the collection. I have one more item to show you. I skipped the pretty Jasmin pressed powder (too sparkly), the Grenat waterproof eyeliner (gorgeous, but I don't need it), and the two pretty new lip definer shades (Rose Corail and Bois de Rose).

The collection is now available online at Chanel online.

Update: Although Chanel's promotional brochure lists only June as being a limited edition, the Web site lists all three colors as limited.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

...OBSESSIONS to LIVE FOR... said...

I'm so happy to see a little preview of some new Chanel polishes! (And I think your swatches are great :) It's probably a bad thing that I am already excited for spring makeup and clothes :/ lol!
xx
Bethany

Nemo said...

Charleston girl, I am on my way to my nearest CHANEL counter (Macy's, in Okemos, Michigan) to wade in up to my eyeballs in the new CHANEL spring. Your wonderful features of this new collection have left me breathless (and, in a few hours, penniless).

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Obsessions/Bethany!

I'm resigned to always being a season ahead in beauty. Fashion has been that way for a long time, so... :)

Charlestongirl said...

Have a great time, Nemo!

Anonymous said...

How would you compare the eyeshadows in this collection to the le metier de beaute capitol kaleidoscope? Also LMDB's resort 2012 lipglosses look similar--pink and peach will there be a kaleidoscope to go the the resort lipglosses? Thanks for the swatches.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I'd call the eye shadows totally different. Print the swatch photos to see them side by side. :)

There are several new Kaleidoscopes in the pipeline. I don't believe Ken Downing's Resort Collection has one, though. I've talked to several of the MUAs about what's coming, and somewhere I have notes...

Goya said...

No doubt, April is a winner!

Charlestongirl said...

Goya, I think you are spot-on right. :)

Charlestongirl said...

E-mail from a reader...

There is a bug on chanel.com that for any product, if any currently available shades are limited edition, that product on the collection page will have the “limited edition” indicator. There are two ways to check if a shade is limited edition. The first way is to go to the page of the product (or click Quick Buy) and select that shade. If that shade is limited edition, there will be an orange “limited edition” indicator under the product name. For example, on the page of LE VERNIS, if you select “April” or “May” and there will be no indicator. If you select “June” and the limited edition indicator will show up right under "NAIL COLOUR - MORE SHADES." The second way is to go to the product page, right under "Quantity," you can select "Limited Edition" to see which shades are limited edition. Use this method to check the entire spring collection and only Le Vernis in June, and Poudre Universelle Compact in Jasmin are limited edition (although I think the Blush Horizon de Chanel is also limited edition?). My thinking is like this, CHANEL is releasing three new shades of nail polish, but only one is limited edition, and how are they going to put the indicator on the collection page? I think they just haven't figured out a way to do that. I hope this helps. :)

Nemo said...

OK, bad news! I bought most of the CHANEL Spring collection and, I must tell you, I found it disappointing. The eye quad colors don't enhance my blue-green eyes at all but in fact make me look sick. Ditto the eye pencil. I do like the blush but it needs to be buffed away or you easily end up looking like a Kewpie doll. Returning most of it. Interestingly, when I walked up to the CHANEL counter last nite, the SA went nuts over the eye makeup I was wearing. What is it, she asked? Estee Lauder Wild Violet collection, I replied. Haha.

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, who applied the colors? The MUA at the counter, or you when you got home?