Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tried and True: Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner

Rahua Shampoo ($32) and Rahua Conditioner ($34) from Amazon Beauty have earned a permanent place in my shower. Rather than using their proper names, I refer to the duo as Rahua Rapture, although that may describe my state of mind, rather than the products, every time I use them. I marvel at the luxury.

Bloggers aren't supposed to find themselves at a loss for words, but I can't think of enough superlatives to use in describing Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner. Awesome, impressive, luscious...these adjectives apply, along with effective, which doesn't sound terribly exciting, but actually means a lot in beauty parlance. Earth-friendly, green, and animal friendly are also applicable. "Wow" works for me. These are amazing hair-care products.

I've been using Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner for about a year and a half, and I'm still smitten. The shampoo does it all. It lathers generously without sulfates. As you massage it into your hair and scalp, it grows in luxurious volume, adding a rich feel to every shampoo while it cleanses and conditions. Using Rahua Shampoo is an olfactory trip to the rain forest, but no residue or fragrance are left behind. When you're done? Your hair will be shiny, bouncy, and have volume - all without stripping. It's perfect for all hair types, including color-treated hair.

Rahua Conditioner is everything I expect from a conditioner - and more. Rahua Conditioner leaves my hair soft, silky, shiny, and "knot-free" after shampooing. It doesn't "over-condition," though. Some conditioners leave my hair so soft it has no volume. I get soft with volume with Rahua Conditioner. Like the shampoo, it's ideal for color-treated or damaged hair. You can even use it as a double-duty leave-in styling product.

Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner are made with organic and 100% natural ingredients, including rahua nut oil, the star of the show after which the product is named. The molecules of rahua nut oil from the Amazon are extremely fine, allowing the oil to penetrate the hair's cortex to rebuild, moisturize, and strengthen. Additionally, rahua oil has a positive charge and is attracted to the negative charge of dry hair, allowing it to effectively close the hair cuticle.

The ingredient lists of these products read like a botanical garden who's who. In addition to the rahua oil, the shampoo includes camellia leaf extract, honeysuckle flower extract, raspberry leaf extract, aloe barbadensis, shea and coconut butter, sea salt (for scalp circulation), vegetable glycerin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, vitamin E, oenoccarpus bataua, lecithin, palo santo oil, panthenol, hydrolyzed oat protein, and citric acid. There are no sulfates, parabens, silicone, animal products, or synthetics in any Rahua products.

The conditioner contains wheat protein, which promotes moisture retention and helps repair damaged and color-treated hair; green tea leaf extracts to mitigate damage from UV ray exposure; aloe, which moisturizes and regenerates lackluster locks; and palo santo, which offers a very delicate (mildly nutty) and pleasant fragrance for a nice experience while you use the conditioner.

Someone is going to tell me that Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner are pricey. Here's my take. Your appearance is the first thing others notice about you. You make an immediate impression with your appearance, and your hair, skin, and makeup play a leading role in your appearance. Why not target your spending to ensure that you look great? Rahua can help you. There's another thing you should consider. A year's supply of Rahua hair products will cost far less than a year's supply of high-end makeup.

Would you spend $66 on the latest eye shadow palette? If so, you owe it to yourself to spend $66 to try this duo. If you are on a strict budget, then use the Rahua products for special occasions - or at least once a week. Just use them! A portion of every purchase is donated to educate tribes in the Amazon about ways to protect their jungles and rivers from deforestation and contamination through sustainable use of natural resources. That should give you an additional reason to consider Rahua.

Check out the incredible organic, natural, and vegan Rahua hair products at Amazon Beauty. There is a store and salon locator at this link. You can purchase Rahua at Zuneta and Beautyhabit if you are shopping at either site.

Photos courtesy of Amazon Beauty

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This stuff is awesome! I got a sample of both in my Luxe Box(Canada) and WOW. Seriously thinking about getting!

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, definitely buy them!

I think it's smart of them to be sending out samples. These products will hook you and keep you.

Walls said...

Have been thinking about trying Rahua for a while now, as I have a very sensitive scalp and all sorts of commercial hair products just irritate my skin. I have been a long time user of natural, eco-friendly hair care products, and my staple has been John Masters' zinc and sage 2-in-1 formula. Will have to give this duo a try once my stash runs low.

Harshleen@BeautyTidbits said...

Wow......this sounds awesome! I have been a WEN lady for more than a year now and I think this one deserves a try! Thanks for sharing :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Walls!

I use all kinds of John Masters products, including several of the shampoos and conditioners. Lately, I've been a Rahua girl one week and JM the next. :)

I highly recommend Rahua - and especially for sensitive skins.

Charlestongirl said...

Harshleen,

You ought to switch up your shampoo and conditioner now and them. The "experts" say that, and I agree. Give Rahua a whirl. I think you'll love them.

Leigh said...

That is one heck of a sales pitch! I need to pick up the Jet Setter Kit, which has sample sizes of both the classic and voluminous sets. The hair spray looks interesting, too.

Pam said...

Wow! What a recommendation. Along with that, you can now purchase Rahua products at Beauty.com for 20% off. That was all the push I needed!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh!

I tried the volumizing set and used it up, but I prefer the original. It's better for my dry hair, I think. No complaints about the new ones...the products really are volumizing. I would love to buy Rahua in larger sizes! I would buy big vats I like it so much.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Pam! I love sales. Headed that way!

bisbee said...

Sold! Definitely will be checking this out. I also am a believer that switching up shampoo and conditioner yields the best results!

Viking Beauty said...

These look like decent products, but I lament the addition of a non-irritating preservative. I would worry that the product would house bacteria and the ingredients lose their efficacy due to this omission.