Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bobbi Brown Blush in Pink Rose from the Pretty Powerful Uber Basics Collection

There are two new Bobbi Brown pink Blushes ($25) that were introduced with the Pretty Powerful Uber Basics Collection: Pink Rose, shown above, and Pretty Pink. In another rare move, I selected Pink Rose online, sight unseen, knowing it might be darker than I am. I've been in the mood to experiment.

Bobbi's silky formula glides on smoothly and offers a matte finish with decent wear. It comes in a flip-top compact that can be used individually or assembled into palettes (sold separately). Not elegant, but nice enough.
 
This blush may be a little too dark for my ultra-pale skin, but it's a perfect pink for skin that's darker than mine. I am pretty accomplished at this point in applying blushes lightly when they are too dark, so I can wear this one. It's pretty.


I took my swatch photos in full sun. I applied the top swatch fairly heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator and smudged it out below in the bottom swatch. You can see that Pink Rose is a medium, cool, mauve-leaning pink. It's definitely matte. I would prefer that it have a little more life. 

Here's another swatch photo that shows the deep color in the top swatch. Because it's a powder, the color is easy to apply lightly or build. It's a great fall/winter shade.

I want to see the other one, Pretty Pink. When I was at Neiman Marcus about two weeks ago, it had not arrived. I'll bet I buy it when I see it - as long as it's not "juvenile" in color. You never know with light pink blushes.

You can find the new Pretty Powerful Uber Basics Collection at Bobbi Brown's Web site and at Bobbi Brown counters everywhere. If you purchase online now, you will receive a complimentary Two-Pan Palette with any item from this new collection. That's a nice bonus!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Jane said...

I don't care if that's too dark for me - it's super pretty on your arm and I want it!

Charlestongirl said...

Well, there you go, Jane. Cool!

Evelyn said...

I really love that color and I think that will go on the "wanted" list. I'm on the darker end of fair and warmer toned. Just feed my makeup addiction! lol

Charlestongirl said...

:) Evelyn! Enjoy! It's an affordable treat, right?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I agree that it's too dark for your skin tone, but man, is it pretty. I'm a big fan of matte, so I'll probably try "Pretty Pink."I think that Bobbi is pretty good about getting the color real and not chalky, afterall, that's her "schtick"!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mamaval!

I think you will love it then. I had to do a double-take at my swatch photos because they were so dark. I can apply this sheerly, and it looks great for fall.