Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chanel Le Crayon Blue Aérin Precision Eye Definer from the Blue Illusion de Chanel Collection

Chanel's limited-edition Le Crayon Blue Aérin Precision Eye Definer ($29) from the Blue Illusion de Chanel Collection dramatically defines the eyes with an intense, luminous blue. The versatile crayon includes a built-in smudge applicator on one end for the perfect smoky-eye look. I prefer to wear my liners in a thin line close to the lash line, so I seldom use the smudgers.

The blue is a beautiful dark blue shade - not navy, not cobalt, not sky. If anything, it's close to Monaco Blue, Pantone's projection for next spring's #1 shade. Maybe a little lighter. You are going to see this shade across the board in Spring 2012 fashion.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun, which can wash out colors at times. I think the swatches may be ever-so-slightly lighter than the liner looks on my eyelids, but not much. I tried to draw Chanel's double C's. You can see that art is not my forté.

Blue Aérin is what I would call a medium periwinkle blue. It provides a punch to any eye look. I like it. I looks great with neutral eye shadows (I'm not into matchy matchy with my liners; I prefer some contrast when I'm wearing something colorful).

As with most of the Blue Illusion de Chanel Collection, this Precision Eye Definer is out of stock at Chanel.com, where I purchased mine. However, it may still be available at your favorite Neiman Marcus. A savvy reader learned that Nordstrom expects to sell the collection later this fall. You have options for finding it.

Will you wear this color? Apparently, a lot of Chanel lovers voted yes.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Eileen said...

Bleu Aérin is such a sprightly springtime blue sure to be worn with delight by any number of woman. Since blue is not a color I usually wear on my eyes, I'm going to wait to actually see the collection in person before deciding on anything. In the meantime, though, I did buy Skyline and have enjoyed wearing it on my tootsies :-)

I love the nod to the mod sixties that Peter Philips created on the models: heavy, over-drawn eyes and barely there cheeks and lips. By layering several shades of blue, he created shimmering depth and complexity that is a refreshing take on a classic look from that decade. The use of a soft cheek (Rose Écrin--love!) and lip (Superstition) with the deep, smoldering blue eyes was also perfection.

As for Uncle Karl, he certainly nailed the retro stewardess concept, didn't he? Setting, clothing, hairstyles, makeup--everything was modern, but definitely had that sixties jet set vibe to it. Even the color palette reminded me of my old Samsonite luggage! LOL

lovethescents said...

What a gorgeous blue. I think Eileen chose the perfect word: sprightly. I love it!

When I want a knock-your-socks-off blue, I reach for my Guerlain Kohl loose powder liner in blue. It's beautiful, but the falldown is a nightmare. I'm sticking to pencils once that's done!

Yin said...

I tried to use that on my upper lash line and it disappeared after a couple of hours.... :-\ The only pencil liner I can use on my upper lash line is GA's waterproof eyeliner. It is a beautiful color tho. :)

EllenB said...

Yes, I love this color liner. I would wear it smudged out on my upper lash line and close to the lashes in a thin line on my lower. Chanel sure does come up with some pretty colors. I like your attempt at the Chanel logo!

EllenB.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

He did nail the look! Not only that, the top two colors for spring are blues.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

I cannot deal with fallout from any eye product. My eyes suffer. That's too bad!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Yin,

Well, that GA product is a great one. So I'd say you are doing very well. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Ellen. I'm definitely NOT an artist. :)

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

what a gorgeous blue liner! i shall wait to see if it is at nordies. i'll mention it to my SA when next i see her :)