Saturday, September 22, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté's Eagles Envy Kaleidoscope Eye Kit

Le Métier de Beauté's Eagles Envy Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95), a Saks Fifth Avenue Bala Cynwyd exclusive, arrived. That was fast! I tore into the box, eager to see this beautiful eye palette, and my initial impression was a "wow."

I photographed it faster than you can say, "Kaleidsoscope." Then I swatched. I wanted  anyone still on the fence to have a chance to order it. If you read Tanya's comment on my original feature, you will see that she is trying to re-order this beauty to meet demand. I hope she succeeds.

Here are swatches, taken in full sun. I swatched heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. I fear my camera does not like greens. Once again, the green looks more grey on my arm. Trust me, it's green. I dashed around in my garden, trying to get different light exposure on my arm. I could see in my display that the green looked very grey. I tried!

I swatched in the same order as the Kaleidoscope swivel out drawers, from top to bottom. I took my photos in full, mid-day sun.

All four shades are sophisticated and shimmering, which put them in my "love" category. The neutral champagne shade at the top is a gorgeous base or highlighting shade. The green below? We'll call it Philadelphia Eagles green! You can tell Tanya is a big fan. If you apply it more moderately than I did, the green will be more apparent.

The beige could not be prettier. I can't wait to try layering it with the two shades above it. The grey? It's a "light charcoal" on my skin - best left to use as a liner on the ultra-pale, but fabulous for a smoky eye. Eagles Envy gets five stars out of five. Could I give it six?

I believe the first delivery of Eagles Envy is sold out. However, you should call Tanya Smith at (610) 667-1550, extension 368, to get on the waiting list in case she can obtain a second order.

Two little Le Métier de Beauté nail lacquers came as a GWP with Eagles Envy. I'll show them to you as soon as I can get photos.

Bottom photo courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

23 comments:

Eileen said...

This is a lovely, sophisticated set of colors that looks so easy to wear. Admiring your swatches, I could see so many possibilities that go far beyond the standard couche de couleurs. Eagles Envy appeals to me in the same way that Guerlain's Les Verts did. The green is subtle and never shouts its presence. And, because the green is teamed with neutrals, you can go as green or as neutral as you want. Beautiful, just beautiful, Charlestongirl. All of you who snagged this beauty are lucky.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, you can snag too if Tanya gets a second order. Call her, or I can tell her. I need to talk to her.

JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty said...

I love the taupe! xx

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, what a gorgeous green based palette! Greens must be trending, they remind me of chantecaille's palette as well.

Emilie at Cogitation Project said...

No wonder everybody's going gaga over this palette. I can totally understand the anxiety over it. It is beautiful. Hunter greens (or whatever you call that kind of green) is on trend for fall. So different from Penelope's green shade. All that headache is so worth it. I can't wait to play with my own palette and wear it proudly. LMdB Bloom Lip Creme would be the perfect sparkly nude for this palette. Thank you for swatching, CG! Have a good weekend :)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

WOW WOW WOW--I LOOOOVE greens and this Kaleidoscope is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is an absolutely gorgeous kaleidoscope! This is the first one in a while that I've been really taken with. Well done you on snagging this one :)

Anonymous said...

Nice swatches. Thanks. Which do you prefer between this and Chante's Elephant palette?

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Joanne! I live in taupe.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey,

Greens ARE trending. Neiman Marcus named it the color of the season. Right they were!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Emilie,

Yes, I think this palette is earning its devotion. Nice job by LMdB!

Charlestongirl said...

Did you get one, Becca?

Charlestongirl said...

Modesty, do you want me to try to get one for you?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

That's like asking a mother which of her children she prefers. :)

Brooke said...

good lord man.... I'm freaking DYING. I'm a steelers fan, and I feel super bad about wanting this kaleidoscope... but ... just... can't... stop... from... calling... ahhhhhh

Dlori said...

This palette is my dream palette. It's amazingly gorgeous. I wish Le Metier would do a half price sale every few months, don't you?

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

lov2read68 said...

I can only add to the chorus that this is a gorgeous palette! The taupe is to die for - this is just perfect for fall!

Leigh said...

Shoot, and I had been thinking I didn't need this ...

Unknown said...

Leigh...my thoughts exactly!

Anonymous said...

HI GIRLS!!! It's Tanya. I'm still waiting to hear from the factory. I check my every minute anxiously awaiting an answer. I have faith!!! I am thrilled that u all love it. Even the steelers fans. Not sure how a yellow and black kaleidoscope would look but now my wheels are spinning. Oh I think I'm on to something!!! Hahahah.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Tanya! I have tried to call you twice this week, but keep missing you.

Tanya Saks 5th Ave said...

Hi ladies!!!! I have wonderful news. Le Metier is making me 50 more Eagle Envy Kaleidoscopes!!!!!!! Please email me if you would like one. I can tell you that I already have people on the waiting list. I will do my best to get one to those who have not purchased one yet. Pease email me at Tanya-smith@comcast.net. I am not in the store tomorrow but will be back in on Wednesday and will know the estimated arrivals of Eagle Envy. Night night girls. Xo

Midwestern Mama said...

This looks a little similar to the Armani #3 eyes to kill palette. CG, are they different enough to justify owning both? I'd love your input.

thanks!

Carrie