Thursday, September 27, 2012

New: Chantecaille Gel Liner Pencil in Bronze

Welcome a new Chantecaille Gel Liner Pencil ($33) into the fold! Bronze has arrived.

This shimmering copper brown shade from the best-selling Gel Eye Liner Collection comes to us straight from the runways. Its beautiful eye-opening shade will add an air of romance and seduction to any look. It's the ideal complement to L'Éléphant Palette, which I'm enjoying enormously.

Breakthrough extrusion technology made Chantecaille's Gel Liner Pencil the first long-wearing gel eyeliner housed in a sustainable wooden pencil. Previously only available in composite “faux wood” material or in glass jars, the liner features a brilliant multi-purpose angled brush on one end to draw, clean, and define the perfect line at the lash line. It can also be pulled upwards to create the perfect smoky or cat's eye. The Gel Liner Pencil is water-resistant and long wearing, offering immediate, smudge-proof definition that lasts up to six hours, according to Chantecaille. I find it lasts all day (12 hours or more).

I took swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun. You can see the bronze glow beautifully, with the color reflecting the fading sun that was low in the sky.

Bronze is a brown lover's brown. It's a gorgeous color that defines the eyes with a dash of color, but doesn't scream "eye liner." It's easy for me to apply. It deposits color without pressure. I never break Chantecaille's liner tips, as I've done with other brands.

Once you try it and see how beautifully it coordinates with L'Éléphant Palette, you're going to want it. Fortunately, it's currently available - at Chantecaille's Web site and at Chantecaille counters. I purchased mine from Jeannine Barnes at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie.

When you get yours, try drawing a very light, smudged line under your lower lashes on just the outside third of your lid. You're going to love it.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Dovey said...

What a pretty glowy brown! This would definitely add a nice subtle glint to a lined eye.

Charlestongirl said...

I agree, Dovey! I love it.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Well the color is a winner--that's for sure. But I am always a little wary of trying new eyeliner formulas. My eyes/lids are quite small and oily and my eyes are watery. Many supposed long-wearing eyeliners can't even stay put for an hour on my eyes. Still, the color is stunning and I wouldn't mind giving this one a try!

Charlestongirl said...

Well, Becca, I wouldn't buy without trying if you have that much trouble. Can you sample at a counter first?

Unknown said...

I love it and bought it! So excited - this is a gorgeous gel liner shade.

Claudia said...

Gorgeous color...love the idea of wearing a it under your lower lash line...I do that sometimes, it also makes your eyes look larger. Would you say this looks good with blue eyes?

Charlestongirl said...

Claudia, this pencil is absolutely perfect for blue eyes. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Super, JEM!

OneGreatSmile said...

I'm curious as to your opinion of the built in brush. I'm a bit of a tool snob, so for the price, it better be the perfect liner brush, because there's no other way to justify $33 on a pencil. Gotta admit though, that IS a gorgeous brown-lover's color

Eileen said...

Such a pretty color! It will make brown eyes smolder, green eyes sparkle, and blue eyes pop! I love a shimmery, warm brown as a liner on my lower lashline. It brings a lovely glow to the eyes. It's deep enough in color to add interest and the shimmer adds a bit of sparkle when it catches the light.

Hi Onegreatsmile,

This color looks very similar to one of my all-time favorites-- Puppeteer by Tarina Tarintino. It's another long-wearing, glide on pencil but it doesn't have an attached brush. It also doesn't have the same price tag ;-)

Tatiana said...

I really must stop reading your Chantecaille posts. This is a stunning liner shade. Flying out to visit my daughter tomorrow. My husband said I really shouldn't buy her any more clothes. He did not say anything about make-up. Tee hee.

Maureen said...

This is a very interesting product. I find most pencil liners are harder to apply as I get older. This would be a good substitute for a gel cream liner.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi OneGreatSmile, it is not a liner brush. It's a smudge brush. I like it, but I wouldn't claim it's a substitute for a standalone brush.

Charlestongirl said...

So true, Eileen!

Charlestongirl said...

There you go, Tatiana, a loophole!

Charlestongirl said...

Maureen, I agree, and this one is a dream to apply.

slundberg said...

Love this one. I have got to try it.

Gail said...

Such a pretty shade but the Hematite and Espresso smudge terribly on me and I don't even usually have that problem with eyeliners. :(

Charlestongirl said...

Hi slundberg! Like browns? You'll love it! It applies so nicely too.

Charlestongirl said...

Gail, apply them deep down into the base of your lashes, not on top of the lash line. It's easiest to do that from below, dotting the pencil in between your lashes. It should not smudge that way.