Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Neiman Marcus Fall Beauty Event Starts September 6

The Art of Beauty, Neiman Marcus' fall Beauty Event starts Thursday, September 6, and runs through September 16. The tote bags - well, two of them - are gorgeous. With a $100 purchase in store or online, you'll receive a tote with a few samples inside. Having seen these bags, I must tell you that I think the blue, which is really navy, and the silver are fabulous. I find the acid green a little too too - even if all shades of green are "in" for fall.

As you know, this is the time to purchase the things you've wanted or to stock up on the staples of your beauty routine. There are many gifts with purchase (GWPs) in the department, and many of them are fabulous. That said, the "price of admission" for a GWP is usually high. To see them all, go to this link.

I'll show you some of my favorites here, and I'll give you the names and phone numbers of my favorite representatives who would be pleased to assist you.

Everything RéVive makes is fabulous. It's one of my favorite skin-care lines. This cute little silver bag has four products (deluxe samples) inside: 0.25 oz Intensite Creme Lustre, 2 oz Tonique Preparatif, 0.20 oz Masque de Yeux, and 0.5 oz Fermitif Neck Renewal Cream. If you purchase $350 worth of RéVive products, which is easy to do, you will receive this nice sampler. Give Anna Befanis a call at the Tysons Galleria store at (703) 761-1600, extension 3296.

Another favorite of mine is Sisley, and I must stock up on my favorites because I want this gift. Sisley's GWP is always fabulous, and this year's is no different. In the cute floral-print bag, you'll find the following goodies, several of which I use regularly.
  • Lyslait, 30 ml
  • Tonique Aux Fleurs, 30 ml
  • Hydra-Global Tube, 10 ml
  • Sisleya Contour Des Yeux Tube, 2 ml
  • Sisleya Global Fermete Tube, 3 ml
  • Phyto-Svelt Global Tube, 15 ml
  • Fluide Hydratant Eau De Cologne Sachet, 10 ml
  • Phyto-Teint Eclat N°2 Sachet, 2 ml 
Call Loula Ayoub at Tysons at (703) 761-1600, extension 3230 or Vicki Hamilton at Mazza Gallerie at (202) 966-9700, extension 2288. You must spend $350 to earn this fabulous gift.

The Le Métier de Beauté GWP is a travel-sized Peau Vierge Tinted Luminizer in #2. It will be yours with a $125 purchase. As many of you know, Peau Vierge is a product unlike any others. I'm sorry that the gift is only available in shade #2. While #2 works for most women, it's too dark for me (sad). I'm a #1. There are plenty of other things I'd like to have, and who knows, maybe this GWP will show up on my blog in a weekly giveaway. For help with Le Métier de Beauté, call Michael at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236. Try Sabrina Autera at (877) 634-6269 at Westchester or Sara Wren at King of Prussia at (610) 962-6200.

Chantecaille's GWP is a pretty pink bag with three deluxe samples and a sample of Chantecaille's Tiare fragrance. It will be yours with a purchase of $175. The deluxe samples are Rice & Geranium Foaming Cleanser, Stress Repair Concentrate, and Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream - all products I love. Give Jeannine Barnes a call at (202) 966-9700, extension 2289.

The Edward Bess GWP if amazing. With a $125 purchase, you'll receive this gorgeous cream illumintor. Since we don't have a counter here, I'll be ordering Edward Bess online. I want this beauty!

There are many wonderful fragrance GWPs. Explore and then call Francesca Camacho or Wendy Grigelis in fragrance at Tysons at (703) 761-1600, extension 3303, or Jason Layden at Mazza at (202) 966-9700, extension 2385.

Every one of the representatives I've named is superb and will go above and beyond to help you. You might want to mention Best Things in Beauty - not that it's necessary, but I'm sure you'll be pegged a special beauty customer if you do.

What I've shown you doesn't scratch the surface. Have I whet your appetite? Mine is certainly revved. I'll start shopping in earnest tomorrow night at a preview. I need a few things, and I'm sure I'll purchase a few new-to-me products just for fun. I want that navy bag! Actually, I'd like to have the silver one too.

Update: Lancôme anyone? Call Jocelyn at Tysons or Jodie Hawk at Mazza. For Natura Bissé, call Denise Thomas at (703) 761-1600, extension 3305. Fresh? Call Alison Kauffman at Tysons. Jo Malone? Call Sydell at Mazza. I have so many "bests," I can't list them all. Feeling badly about that. I'll add more later. I must leave for work!

Photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus

12 comments:

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I am SO excited for this! I did reserve a silver one, but now I'm kinda liking that navy one...either way, they're both beautiful. I wasn't too impressed by the samples in the bag though--I think they could have done MUCH better with that.

I can't wait to see what goodies you get! I'm envious of you Sisley purchase and that AMAZING GWP you'll be getting with it! I haven't tried anything from Sisley because it's just a bit too pricey for me, but I hope to someday. I am going for the Giorgio Armani GWP though. My sister's wedding is next week (!!!) and I am getting the Luminous Silk foundation and Fluid Sheer #2 for the wedding. I haven't decided on what the third item will be yet, but maybe the Gloss d'Armani in 518. The GA GWP also comes with deluxe samples of the Luminous Silk and Fluid Sheer in both the same colors I am purchasing, so that will be nice to tote with me on the day of the wedding!

Anahita said...

I am do disappointed in the Chantecaille gift. It's a joke. $225 for a few sample that one could get just by asking is pretty laughable. Does Chantecaille have so little respect for its customers that they think that this qualifies as a "gift". I think if you're going to spend over $300 you should at least get deluxe sized samples.

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, I'm going to be partying at NM for the next few evenings. I may have to write summary features. So much to write, so little time. Yes, the Armani GWP is nice - better than usual. Yea!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anahita,

I agree. The samples are small. They are great for travelers, but I don't travel any more.

This is true for many lines, not just Chantecaille.

bisbee said...

I am not wowed - the amount you have to spend to get the GWPs is very high, the tote bags are pretty awful, although I do admit the navy one looks good. They are always made so cheaply, and I have way too many totes already...last year's went to my housekeeper. The samples that come in the tote have been dismal in the last several years - remember when you used to get decent items in the bag?

I already placed an order for some items I wanted BEFORE this event, and I'm not sorry I did! My GA foundation will be here today - although the concealer will be sent from another location and hasn't yet been shipped...

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee, THESE bags are really nice. Trust me. I'm going to be using one to carry my iPad to work.

I agree on the samples inside. Woeful.

katie said...

Hi CG!
Quick question for you before I order my Maestro foundation and concealer:
I am chanel b10 and am assuming that I should go with the same color you have (#2) but just want to make sure that #2 is not for pink undertones. I am more neutral/slightly warm - definitely not pink. Not sure if you know....but thought it was worth asking!
Thank you! Have a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

If you try the chantecaille stress repair concentrate please be very careful. Test it somewhere OTHER THAN YOUR FACE ESP. EYES! I got it at the Norstrom Beauty event in a very similar sampler. Within 3 uses, my eye area burned, the entire area turned red, and I got a lot of bumpies. As of now, it still hasn't completely healed and is slightly painful

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Anonymous, I use it all the time, and with my sensitive skin, I've never had a reaction. We are all different, though.

Do you now what ingredient you're allergic to?

Anonymous said...

Hi Charleston girl, I've never had a reaction even slightly like that to any other product. I have no idea, but they do use some unusual ingredients. Still I'm afraid to try any of the others n the sampler.

Charlestongirl said...

I can understand that, Anonymous. Don't try them until you can check the ingredients at the store in an attempt to isolate the allergen.

Anonymous said...

Anon - I can't say that my skin is very sensitive but I had almost the same reaction (without "bumpies") to Stress Repair concentrate which I got as a GWP. I tried it again a year later (from a different GWP sample) and got the same result.