Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chantecaille Isis Lip Chic for Fall 2012

Chantecaille introduced two new Lip Chics ($35) with its fall collection: Amour, which I have already featured here, and Isis. Isis is shown above on the right. You may be tempted to think, "Oh, just another brown lipstick," when you see its photo. That would be a mistake.

Here's a photo I snapped in full sun. It's not even as flattering as Chantecaille's photo. Once you see the swatches, you'll understand why I love Isis!

This highly emollient lip formula offers the even coverage of a lipstick with the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss - my kind of lip color. It feels great on the lips. Add collagen, which gives the lips a boost, and your lips will have a decidedly more youthful, full appearance. Isis is a shimmering light bronze, reminiscent of the colors of the African savannah during the dry season.

I took these swatch photos in full sun. It looks like I wasn't as careful as I try to be to get an even swatch, so my apologies. Look at the color! It's a light bronze, as Chanteaille advertises, but it's so pretty! It has a rose hue that surprised me - just enough rose to take it out of that perfectly brown category and make it unique and flattering. Actually, I like many brown lipsticks, but I may be in the minority of fair-skinned gals who do.

Isis is very much like Amour in its "my lips but better" appearance. I think you're going to like it!  It adds warmth without opaque color - my kind of lipstick.

I purchased my Isis Lip Chic from Chantecaille's Web site, and I'll be purchasing another one from Jeannine Barnes at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie when she gets her stock. You will be able to find this beauty at all Chantecaille counters very soon, if not now.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Maureen said...

A very pretty colour and it seems very emoLlient--a bonus for dryer lips. Alas, I am a fair-skinned woman whimdoesn't look good in brown tones.

Walls said...

Ooh, now you have me wanting Isis... the perils of following beauty blogs. Thanks for the beautiful swatch.

Claudia said...

Gorgeous, not sure I could pull it off though I am also Fair skinned and browns do not compliment me.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It almost reminds me of Clinique's fabled "Black Honey", do you think?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lola!

I think so too, and I'm thrilled it looks great on me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Maureen,

If you get near a store, try it!

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, Walls, but it is lust-worthy.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mamaval,

In person, it's quite a bit different. I love Black Honey too.

Charlestongirl said...

Try it, Claudia. It might surprise you.

EllenB said...

This lipstick doesn't look brown to me when you swiped it. In the tube, yes. I would not buy it just looking at the stick in the tube--it would be a big turnoff to me. However, it's a beautiful color when swiped and it is a color I would wear! and I am fair-skinned. Great review as always.

I wanted to tell you, Charleston Girl, that SethAkins7, a popular YouTuber, gave a shoutout to you as one of his top 10 beauty bloggers! I wasn't sure if anyone told you yet.
EllenB.

Sam said...

I'm so pleased to read your positive review as I pre-ordered Isis before it was available, sight unseen. I wasn't quite sure about ordering it--I'm fair, and do well with bronze but not brown lipsticks--but you've made me feel more confident in the purchase. It should arrive any day now and now I'm looking forward to it more than ever! Thanks.

Lisa C said...

They both look so pretty! And I've never tried this brand before. But I just may need to.. I'm a lipstick kinda girl !!