Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Uber Basics Collection

Inspired by Bobbi Brown's seventh book, Pretty Powerful Beauty Stories, Bobbi has introduced the Pretty Powerful Uber Basics Collection filled with shades for every woman. This collection gives all of us, no matter what our skin tones, the essentials we need to go from Pretty to Pretty Powerful, day to night.

Highlighting the simplicity of Bobbi’s Uber Basic look, the collection is organized into four color stories, with a corresponding Eye Shadow, Sparkle Eye Shadow, Blush,
Rich Lip Color, and High Shimmer Lip Gloss.

There's a new Sparkle Eye Shadow ($28). Sparkle Eye Shadow is a featherweight formula that instantly lights up eyes with a unique combination of shimmering pearls and glitter in a translucent base. Creamy-soft powder shadow glides on smoothly and clings to lids for crease-free, long-lasting wear. These four new beautifully sheer shades illuminate eyes with subtle shimmer and shine. The shades are Bone, Cement, Taupe, and Black Chocolate. I think I "need" all of them.

A sophisticated collection of subtle to dramatic Eye Shadow ($21) shades shades, Bobbi's exclusive silky, matte formula glides on easily and always looks natural. The shades are Bone, Cement, Taupe, and Black Chocolate. Really. That's what the press release says. The shade names are the same as the new Sparkle Eye Shadow shade names.

New Rich Color Lipsticks ($24) provide a lightweight and incredibly emollient lip color formula. The colorless and translucent base, coupled with a special gel system allows for intense color release and true color projection. The soft, smooth texture melts onto the lips for a truly comfortable wear that lasts for hours. The new, universally flattering shades are Uber Pink, Uber Beige, Uber Suede, and Uber Nude Beige.

You already know about High Shimmer Lip Gloss ($23). The formula features a special mix of pearls in a clear base for the ultimate in shimmer, shine, and color. Plus, it’s good for lips, thanks to moisturizing emollients and vitamins C and E, which
condition and offer antioxidant protection. High Shimmer Lip Gloss is perfect for a night out on the town, special occasions, or simply when you’re in the mood for something fabulous. I wear it ever day. The shades in the Uber Basics Collection Uber Suede (a new shade), Pastel, Bare Sparkle, and Naked Plum (a favorite of mine).

As Bobbi Brown says, nothing makes a woman look prettier than a pop of blush. It’s an instant lift and the quickest way to add a healthy glow to the face. Each color in the collection is designed to “tint” the cheeks, giving skin a radiant but natural glow. The silky formula glides on smoothly and evenly, imparting a matte finish that offers long-lasting wear. The Blush ($25) shades are Pretty Pink (new), Pink Rose (new), Nude Pink, and Plum. I need the new ones.

The Uber Basics Collection will be available this month at all Bobbi Brown counters and at the Bobbi Brown Web site. The collection had not arrived at Neiman Marcus tonight. I was there for the Harper's Bazaar Beauty Event preview.

Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

6 comments:

ItsthaTOP said...

I wish they just sold a set of these eye shadows and lipglosses! They are gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Really? I like to pick and choose what I want. Sets often provide something I don't want.

Charlestongirl said...

I purchased the Sparkles tonight. Lovely. They have pigment! Will show you as soon as I can get photos.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Can't wait to see the rest of your swatches. I had my husband (dear, dear man) pick up "Uber Pink" from my wonderful CM, Linda, at Smithaven Mall in Stony Brook. I LOVE it!!! (since I injured my back, I have to depend upon "the kindness of strangers"...and my husband.)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mamaval!

That was so sweet! Maybe he will find out how much fun shopping can be. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

ha ha, CG! I can only hope...