Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bobbi Brown Rosy Lip Gloss

Bobbi Brown has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine - even with her traditional Lip Gloss. Lip Gloss is formulated with soothing botanical extracts,  including avocado, jojoba and chamomile oils, and aloe extract to keep lips soft and supple. The new tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro. It's scented with a hint of vanilla that is almost undetectable.

I find Bobbi Brown's "original" Lip Gloss formula a little bit heavy and tacky, but because of that, the wear time is long. It's a tradeoff. I do like the lasting feeling of hydration on my lips.

I received a Lip Gloss in Rosy (#22) with a Bobbi Brown order not too long ago. it might have been a gift with purchase. Rosy is a shade I had never tried - and I can't imagine why. It's pigmented. I like that.

I had it in my pocket when I was outdoors swatching and had a little room left on my arm near my elbow to apply it for a few photos. These swatch photos were taken in full sun.

This sheer bright rose would look good on nearly everyone. It has a little shine, but I wouldn't call it uber-shiny. The sparkling effect you see in my photos resulted primarily from the direct sun.

The next time you are ordering at Bobbi Brown's Web site - or you want to purchase just a little something extra to qualify for free shipping or a gift with purchase -  remember Rosy. She's got pizazz. She will make your teeth look extra-white too. For me, she makes my eyes pop blue.

You can find Rosy Lip Gloss at any Bobbi Brown counter, Sephora, and at Bobbi Brown's Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Virginie said...

Very pretty!

laura z. said...

Ooh, she is very pretty indeed! I just ordered it along with the today special value at QVC. I think they'll work together nicely! Thanks for the great review!

Moonchime said...

Rosy looks like a perfect shade for me as well. Thank you for the review and the photo. I don't like a gloss with those shiny, gritty particles. This appears to be just what I am looking for!

Charlestongirl said...

Surprisingly pleasing, Virginie.

Charlestongirl said...

Glad that worked out, Laura!

Charlestongirl said...

No grit here, Moonchime, but you don't need grit to get shine. Usually inexpensive glosses have grit (in my experience).

Trishb said...

This is a much brighter color than the long discontinued Rosy that BB did years ago. It looks like it might need to show up in my collection. For anyone who is ordering BB online, the code ROSY13 should add this as a freebie to your cart with a $65 purchase.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I love that shade! It really does work for almost everyone. And I know that some people are put-off by the tackier feel of Bobbi's glosses, but like you said, it's a trade-off and you get super long wear and I think, a lot of moisture. And I'm very partial to the vanilla scent!

Elena said...

this is a really beautiful shade! I haven't tried Bobbi Brown but I would like to get this lip gloss

beano54 said...

Hi
I find them tacky too,some of the brushes get wider bristles and a nightmare to get back in
Have great shades