Sunday, June 2, 2013

Jouer Pearl Lip Enhancer in Rose

Jouer's Pearl Lip Enhancer ($16) is a nourishing and conditioning lip treatment with clinically-proven "Maxi Lip," which is designed to increase the fullness of the lips while decreasing fine lines. It offers a hint of pearly, shimmering color with each application. With its botanical ingredients, this ultra-rich lip moisturizer helps protect the lips from environmental damage. Plus it feels great on the lips.

I selected Rose, described as a shimmering rose peal, when I was shopping during Jouer's Friends & Family Sale. It's only available in three shades: rose, peach, and nude. The shade names are descriptive and definitely devoid of all of the descriptors we usually see, for example, "Beach-worthy Rose" or "Relentless Rose."

As you can see from the photos, it is packaged in a tube, which is perfect for this type of lip color - just like Tom Ford's Lip Lacquer. but a lot less expensive.

I was delighted when I tried Rose. I took swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun, applying the color directly from the tube. I was instantly delighted with the shimmer and color. This lip color definitely shines with a pearlescent luster.

It has the same effect on the lips as the Pink Lust Lip Lacquer - a little frosty, but with plenty of color to make complement your lips.

I love the way it glows on my lips. It sings summer. As I look back on that 30% discount, I wish I had ordered all three shades.

You can find Jouer's lovely Pearl Lip Enhancers and all of their products at the company's Web site and Henri Bendel (also Skin 6|2 in Las Vegas). Jouer also has an active presence on Facebook, so you may want to like their page to get all the news.

Photo at top courtesy of Jouer; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Evelyn said...

Oo that is a really pretty rose! Just what I like. Now to add it to my wish list. :)

Jenn & Nicole (beautykissxo) said...

I wish Jouer would be available in Canada!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I have this one, too, and I love it. I keep it in my bag and just freshen up my lip color when I need a boost of moisture. It's so pretty (as is everything Jouer!)

Polarbelle said...

That looks absolutely delicious!!

EllenB said...

Absolutely beautiful! C-Girl, I think you might have talked me into purchasing this! EllenB.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

I love the finish!

Charlestongirl said...

Bummer, Nicole!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal, perfect! Maybe I will too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shelley,

I'll bet it's the best of the three. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ellen,

It's such a nice line - and so affordable!