Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jouer Crème Eyeshadow Crayon in Rococo

Have you noticed I'm on a Jouer kick lately? I am for several reasons - only two of which are the Friends & Family Sale that lured me to order and how good most of my Jouer "blind buys" have turned out to be. One of the beauties I ordered was Jouer's Crème Eyeshadow Crayon in Rococo ($24). I'm a cream eye shadow addict, so it was a no-brainer to select Rococo. The shimmering French vanilla appeared to be a perfect shade for layering with other shades - cream or powder - and I can wear it alone as well.

Jouer Crème Eyeshadow Crayons are available in five pretty, wearable colors. Applying them is effortless. I apply them directly to my eyelid and then blend with my fingertip or a brush for a rich pearl finish.

The fast-drying formula  is designed to prevent creasing and fading. These pencils have a built-in sharpener, which is really nice for precise application. The Crème Eyeshadow Crayons are waterproof, crease-resistant (truth in advertising), and paraben-free.

I took swatch photos in full, morning sun, applying Rococo straight from the tube in only one layer on my arm. I didn't blend the color.

The color is ivory with a touch of gold. It's beautiful blended with other shades (use a darker one for definition) or all on its own to brighten and open the eyes. I think Rococo is a shade everyone can wear, regardless of skin tone.

Can you see how the color looks different in my two photos? It's the same swatch. I could see through my camera's display that the full sun was giving it remarkable platinum iridescence, so I turned away from the direct sun to get a better color representation.

I like the long wear of this cream eye shadow. It does not crease on me, but I always use a primer. I haven't tested it without. You can wear it as a primer or base coat with powder shadows, an extra-added benefit.

I'm still eying that 50% discount code I have for signing up for the Insider newsletter. In addition to what's already in my shopping cart, I must add another Crème Eyeshadow Crayon. I love this one. I think it's going to be Baroque, described as a shimmering soft gold - even though it looks bronze online. I'll bet the two shades will coordinate beautifully. I know they will blend seamlessly.

You can find Jouer's beautiful products at the company's Web site, select Nordstrom locations, and Henri Bendel (also Skin 6|2 in Las Vegas). Jouer also has an active presence on Facebook, so you may want to like their page to get all the news - and know when the next sale is announced. Make sure to sign up for that newsletter too. You may also get that 50% discount offer.

Photo at top courtesy of Jouer; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Jo said...

Hi CG,

Thanks for all the posts about Jouer. I'm planning to get the moisture tint you posted about yesterday but I'm still looking around to see if there is anything else I want. This cream shadow may get added to my list.

Anyone can get the 50% off. Just click on the red "Get the Insider Report" button on the top right hand corner and sign up and they will send you a code for 50% off good for 30 days.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo,

I am not sure about that. If you are already and Insider Report subscriber, I don't know that you would get the offer. I was sure pleased to get it, though!

Jo said...

Yes, I guess it would only work if you are not already signed up with them.

Moonchime said...

So very pretty!!!

wendy said...

hi charleston girl!! how do these compare to chanel's new stylo eyeshadows (the one's from the summer collection)? xo.

Virginie said...

All of their products seems to be great!!!!!

Julie L said...

Hmmm...interesting! I think I'll give this a try. Seems like a good one. Love how it blends with the skin.

Unknown said...

Cream eyeshadows in this crayon form seem like the best choice for me in terms of ease of application and creating a precise shape. I'll have to look for Jouer for these benefits! Thank you for the swatch!