Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chanel Les Délices de Chanel Collection Ombres Fleuries Délicatesse - Exclusive to Saks Fifth Avenue

It's here - a little later than we expected, but Les Délices de Chanel has arrived at Saks Fifth Avenue, where it is an exclusive. I wrote a "coming attraction" about the collection in April.

There are some stunning pieces within the collection. The eye palette, the limited-edition Ombres Fleuries Délicatesse ($60), contains light green, white, pink, and purple shades. I'll spotlight that in this feature and move on to the other pieces as I have time to write over the next day.

A photo of the display is immediately below. Saks received most of the pieces in this formerly Asia-exclusive collection. They do not have the Joues Contraste Powder Blush (Fards à Joues Poudre) in Fun, a shiny white with a pearl luster.

The tester for the limited-edition of the new Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Purple Berry was missing from the display.

Here is an indoor photo of the tester for the limited-edition Ombres Fleuries Délicatesse eye shadow quad. Sorry it's a little used; that's what happens to testers as attractive as this one. You can see that the pretty stamped design in each shadow is starting to wear. 

I swatched in full, noontime sun, and it was way too bright (I really hate it when my skinny arms expose my veins). I have difficulty getting swatch photos outside stores; they never please me. I suspect I could have done better about two hours later, but I had to move along. I used my regular sponge-tipped applicators to swatch, starting with the incredibly gorgeous green in the upper left corner and swatching in a clockwise order.

I would purchase the whole palette for the green shown at the top of my arm, even though I love two of the other three shades in the quad. The green is stunning. It applies with a gleaming, soft metallic sheen that's an eye-catcher. You can see how it attracted and reflected the bright sunlight outside the store. The ivory shade is a pretty, wearable, pigmented base, and it coordinates perfectly with the green or plum. It also mixes nicely with the peach shade.

The plum shade is pretty - not my color - but many will love it because it's a hybrid between brown and plum. I'm sure a makeup artist could make it look good on me. The peach shade (which Chanel dubbed pink), shown at the bottom of my arm is sheer and sunny. I love it when paired with the green.

Each of these shadows has a lovely finish, with no fallout. I really want to purchase Ombres Fleuries Délicatesse to bring it home and play with it. That will have to wait a few days. Since it's limited, I hope I'll be able to purchase it before it sells out.

If you need help from a Saks store, give the wonderful gals at Saks Chevy Chase a call at (240) 497-5363. I understand that shipping is free if you use a Saks credit card.

Photos at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

23 comments:

Jo said...

Bummer, I want the white blush.

Christina said...

I can't remember if anyone answered whether or not this will be available at Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. I think someone said yes, but my local counters, typical of them, said they had no clue what future collections were going to be...

Nida Moughal said...

The quad looks good.

Elena said...

ah, this new collection is wonderful! I like the eyeshadow quad, the shadows are just wonderful, especially the dark-plum one, I could see myself wear that a lot! and the lipstick looks great too!

morelikespace said...

I've been contemplating this palette myself, since it's one of the few that's arrived in Canada that doesn't have the hard baked formula. We did get the white highlighter/ blush and our displays also have the Joues Contrastes in "Candy".

Unknown said...

I hope this will arrive to Mexico, I'm waiting the confirmation from Chanel Pop Up store. However, if the white JC didn't arrive in the US, it won't probably arrive here either :'(

Seems I'll have to stay with the quad, and maybe a lipgloss and the Illusion d'Ombre

Angela M said...

So, this collection is the leftovers from the Asia Collection.

Unknown said...

The quad looks very pretty! :)

Christina said...

This would be nice change from the Summer 2013 eyeshadow sticks.

I think this would look really nice for someone with green eyes.

Mary Ann said...

I was going crazy looking for this collection, I remember you writing about it awhile back. But could not find it, then the summer collection came out. Thank you, gonna get the the eye quad.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Wow that green definitely is a stunner! I have never purchased or even lusted after a light, pastel-y green like that but I WANT this one! The other shades are beautiful too, so that's a plus. Jeez don't know if I should indulge but I am so tempted! :P

Unknown said...

I'm actually liking the plum shade from that quadro collection! Not sure if it'd look nice on me, but the color is fantastic.

Nemo said...

Here is a Q for you, Cg: Which does the plum brown shade in this quad resemble more: the darkest shade in Harmonie du Soir or the Raffinement quads, both from CHANEL? I don't want the featured quad if that particular shade is going to make me look bruised. I can wear the Raffinement, and the Harmonie du Soir, but the latter only if it is blended at the crease. Help!

Lisa said...

I am really loving this quad! From your review, you didn't find this non-US version the least bit cakey or notice any pigment problems??? Non-US versions from Chanel have been hit or miss for me.

Lisa said...

Christina, my counter didn't even know they are supposed to have a creme blush on their counter by June 10th for the fall collection. She didn't even know they made one. Sometimes I feel I know more about the line than the salesperson!

Anonymous said...

i think these are us names:

Convoitise illusion d'ombre (very close to apparance)

Purple Berry Stylo Yeux (close to cassis)

Gourmandise Rouge Coco Shine (did not see as saks had idlyee in the set up)

Friandise and French Toffee Aqualumiere Glosses.

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, everyone, had a long day. I'll answer comments in the morning when I publish the Chanel lip swatches. I have the gold eye photos too. Just need time to write.

Yes on the names, Anonymous. I will be featuring them tomorrow. It's hard to write more than three posts in a day AND do everything else on life's list. :)

As for Nordies, I don't know. I would be shocked if they used the collection for Anniversary after it was a Saks exclusive.

Angela, would you say Nordies offers leftovers each year? They are usually the store that brings the Asia exclusives to us. I'm thankful anyone does.

I've had to pack and send eight boxes today and yesterday. Those PO trips wear me out. Charlie is on my lap and ready for our night " nap." So, night!

Heather said...

Does the green look anything like Jade Shore?

Charlestongirl said...

Heather, not really. Jade Shore is much more blue.

Gail said...

I can see Nordies possibly getting the blush for anniversary since they usually do get the blush from this collection and Saks does not have it.

Paige said...

I just want to drop a comment in case anyone comes by this post still. This collection is now available on Chanel.com and they offer free ground shipping. I've just ordered mine. There's also a white blush there but I'm not sure it's the same as what you listed here CG. The white blush being sold on Chanel.com is named Délice, not Fun.

Anonymous said...

CG -

I have this palette - and actually, if you mix the peach shade and then layer on top the reddish brown and then play around with adding a little more peach and blending in some white, you end up with a beautiful multidimensional taupe which is probably similar to gri-gri. I have the ombre essentielle in "Fauve" - and it looks identical to that combination when applied on its own. Just an idea!

Unknown said...

Chanel.com has it