Monday, June 10, 2013

Jouer Tint in Honeysuckle - A New Shade

During Jouer's recent sale, I purchased a new shade of Tint: Honeysuckle ($20). How could I not with the name Honeysuckle? No matter that I've never seen honeysuckle in this sheer peach shade. I love the name because I love the sweetly fragranced plant.

Honeysuckle is definitely trendy for the spring/summer season. Peach is so "in." This peach is about as pure as it gets - pastel and pretty.

As named, it is a tint - for cheeks or lips. Had I applied it for a swatch photo by blending it with my skin, the photo would have have shown little of its native color - just a pretty peach glow. So, I applied it to my arm with my fingertip and did not blend it at all. It may look a little gloppy on my arm, but I assure you it blends easily and beautifully to become an extension of you, ready for summer. I took my swatch photos in full sun.

This peach is warm. I don't see a hint of pink in it. My cheeks and lips add a touch of peach, making the shade lovely on my skin. When your clothing calls for peach or coral (purple, for example), it's perfect. A very long time ago, I discussed with a makeup artist how bad pink or rose lip and cheek colors can look with rich purple, the color I was wearing that day. Although I knew that intuitively, I had never heard an artist express the need for brown or peachy shades to complement the deep amethyst tone.

This cream is very creamy, yet it sets perfectly to last on my cheeks all day. In the short time I've had it, I've grown fond of it and hope to purchase another of the 10 shades available. At times like this, I really wish Jouer had a physical presence in the DC area. I can imagine having a blast at the counter.

If you have any allergies, you can see the ingredients at the Jouer Web site. When you read them, you will see many hydrators. If your skin is dry, you'll appreciate the moisture boost.

You can find Jouer's beautiful products at the company's Web site and Henri Bendel (also Skin 6|2 in Las Vegas). Jouer also has an active presence on Facebook, so you may want to like their page to get all the news - and know when the next sale is announced.

Photo at top courtesy of Jouer Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Virginie said...

Hi, what do you think if we have combination skin?? Will it be not to greasy? Thanks. Love this color!!

Catherine @ bcrueltyfree said...

Oh wow. What a gorgeous color. Absolutely the type I would pick out.

EllenB said...

This color is very flattering! I love the fact that it's moisturizing as you described. And that it's so versatile. Good pick, C-Girl! Now I want it!

EllenB.

Eileen said...

That is such a lovely color and I love the name. When I was a kid, my grandmother had a honeysuckle vine that grew on a trellis and obscured the tool shed. When it was in bloom, there were more kids than bees busizing around it because we were all after the delicate drops of sweet nectar that it produced. And the hummingbirds absolutely adored it! I remembered all the birds, so when my husband and I noticed all the hummingbirds in our neighborhood, we put in a honeysuckle near the bird bath. It didn't take them long to find that sweet treat :-)

There actually is a vine that produces warm pink to coral flowers. I think it is called "Scarlet" and it's a beauty. Although honeysuckle can be beautiful and fragrant in a garden, it is an invasive plant and needs to be contained or it can quickly choke out native vegetation.

Wow! That was a long ramble. Sorry about that. Back to the blush. I bet that shade is beautiful when sheered out. It looks like it would produce a natural, I've been on vacation type of glow--nothing terribly overt, rather a soft flush of color. I'm really loving all the cream options that have been coming out this year. Their transparency and soft glow looks so healthy and natural.

Virginie said...

Argh!!! I can't stop looking at this color!!!!! So so pretty!!!

VancouverChic said...

Hi C-Girl,
I already have it!!! Got it two weeks ago and I love it!!!! Very pretty and a very natural flush even with my rosacea. It's a beautiful juicy peach color and looks totally awesome! Highly recommend!
Warm Regards,
Joanne ~ VancouverChic

Karin said...

Now that is a pretty peach. I want it!

Moonchime said...

C Girl, You enabler, You! {*_*} What a beautiful shade! I love that you mention it is hydrating. I'm going to have to purchase this now. I also love the name as well.~Moonchime

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

I don't think it will be greasy on anyone. It dries to a true tint.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Catherine,

It really is pretty. I want more of them!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Ellen, it's like an addiction to cream anything. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I am growing that honeysuckle on a Chippendale backdrop outside my porch back door. It is blooming and divine. It reminds me of tropical color.

You're right: not terrible overt, just a soft flush of color. Really nice for summer when you don't want to look "all made up."

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Joanne,

Glad to hear you like it too. It was a gamble for me, but I'm very pleased.

Charlestongirl said...

My duty, Moonchime. Only the best...

Charlestongirl said...

Karin, the nice thing about it, besides the gorgeous color, is the reasonable price.

beano54 said...

hi
loving the creamy texture of this an the colour another on my shopping list x