Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint

When I ordered from Jouer recently, the company sent me my choice of shade in Luminizing Moisture Tint ($38), a Best of Beauty Award Winner, selected by Allure in 2011. I was thrilled because I had wanted to try this lightweight moisturizing tint. 

Said to even out imperfections and fade the appearance of fine lines with its light-diffusing multi-mineral formula, Luminizing Moisture Tint also delivers SPF 20 protection from UVA and UVB rays. Ginseng and gingko biloba leaf extract deliver antioxidants to the skin to promote a healthy complexion. This moisture tint is fragrance-free, oil-free, and advertised as perfect for all skin types.

It's available in a wide range of seven shades - from those that are perfect for fair skin like mine to deep bronze for tan or dark complexions. Jouer clearly realizes that we like options. When I read the descriptions, I realized that four might work for me. Limited to two samples, I selected Opal and Pearl.

Opal is described as a shimmering tint for porcelain to fair complexions. While I'm not porcelain, I am fair. It looked like it would work for me.

Pearl appeared to be perfect. Described as a shimmering tint for fair complexions, I knew it would work. You can see in these little blob photos from Jouer's Web site that Pearl appears to be a tad darker - definitely a better shade for summer.

I guessed correctly, although I have to admit that I really really want to try Blush and Golden too. I took swatch photos of Opal and Pearl in full, late-morning sunshine. I applied them with my fingertips and I did blend them into my skin a bit - not completely, but enough to see how they would look on my face. It's always a little risky to try to show such sheer, light tints in photos. Sorry about my little broken blood vessel. It will absorb soon enough.

I tried to blend the swatches evenly (i.e., the same amount of blending). Pearl is shown at the top of my arm, with Opal below. I hope you can see that Pearl is darker, and it carries a golden hue. Opal is the lightest - as advertised - and it has a definite yellow undertone.

Both shades add a beautiful dewy gleam to the skin. They leave behind a fair amount of moisture, but not so much that any foundation or other products you may apply over them will slide off. It was designed to be a primer. You can certainly wear Luminizing Moisture Tint without foundation if you want to have only light coverage, making this product a beautiful option for summer.

I have purchased many tinted moisturizers in the last few years, and Jouer's may be one of my top five. When I was at Jouer's Web site a few minutes ago, I received an offer to sign up to be an Insider, and I received a 50% off discount coupon moments later via e-mail. I will definitely be ordering Pearl, along with a few of Jouer's new Lip  Sheers - well, maybe all of them.

Photo at top courtesy of Jouer; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Judith DM said...

Wondering for a young girl of 64 would the matte be better? So many illuminizing products can be ageing.Also, what are your other top four tinted moisturizers, as I am now looking for one? I wear either Edward Bess or Guerlain compact foundation, love both! Never miss a day of you! OH, Jourer only online or in stores? I much prefer to see someing in person, hard to make a blind purchase. Living in Los Angeles we have everything here!

Virginie said...

seriously I have to take the plunge already!!!! But I want so many other highlighter form other brands like just to name one, Burberry!!!! Sight.....We'll see...But I'm really intrigued by this brand, and it's french just like me! ahahahah

Anonymous said...

Let me preface this super long comment by saying these two items (Luminizing Moisture Tint and essential lip enhancer are two staple items in my makeup bag).

LOVE this product. It's been in heavy rotation with Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer (in Caramel) for me for a couple years now. Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint has been my go-to in the summer w/ just enough coverage to even out my skin tone w/ no need for bronzer or foundation. (For the medium/tan complected ladies, I'm MAC NC42 for reference, Bronzed is the perfect match for my skin tone.)

In terms of wear and finish, I'd compare it to LMdB's PV Tinted Treatment, but w/o the same retinol goodness that's packed in them. I just mean in terms of how it feels on the skin, how it dries and what my skin looks like after I've applied and set it.

I'm actually a HUGE fan of Jouer's matte version as well. It worked really well for me in the summer when I didn't want to look "out of season." Color matching was a little harder since Chamomille was just a tad too light, so I actually mixed it w/ a little of the Luminizing Moisture Tint to add a little more color and b/c (for me personally) it the finish was just a little too matte.

Oh, and I'm big fan that they're oil free. I have combination-oily skin w/ a REALLY oily T-zone in the summer. I haven't experienced any breakouts or over-production of oil in my T-zone when I've used this.

Can you tell I love this stuff?? :-)

SaraP said...

Hello -- I've been reading your blog for a while, but haven't commented before.

I recently purchased the Luminizing Moisture Tint (in Golden), and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I use it primarily on its own when I want a just a little coverage; sometimes I add a bit of powder on top. I think next I need to check out the Honeysuckle blush you featured!

Sara

Jo said...

Hi CG,

What are the sunscreen ingredients in this? Thanks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo,

All Jouer ingredients are listed on the Web site . This one has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, both at a 5% concentration.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sara,

I'd like to try Golden. I think the samples were sold out in that shade. Hope I can get one later. It looks really pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi makeupandentropy,

Nice comparison to Peau Vierge! :) Yep! We can tell you love it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

The prices are relatively low, so a splurge isn't painful.

Charlestongirl said...

Judith, give Jouer a call to find out where you might see them in California.

Unknown said...

This is my absolute favorite of all my tinted moisturizers and foundations. Deep Bronze, the darkest color, "luminizes" just enough to keep my face from looking matte, but not enough to look dewy. I love that it moisturizes, and provides coverage and decent sun protection all in one product - perfect for mornings when I'm in a hurry. That it is water resistant is a real bonus during DC's muggy summers. It lasts all day even on hottest days when I take the Metro to work. I still need to powder a little at noon, but my skin is very, very oily, and only a powder foundation leaves my skin shine-free all day. (My current favorite powder foundation is Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation.) Jouer does not budge even when I "glow," yet it feels weightless. Like Makeupandentropy, I find that it covers well enough so that I don't need foundation. My only criticism is that the color range is limited. "Deep Bronze" is really a medium tone.

Judith DM said...

Jouer is at Nordstrom in Santa Monica, close. I want a tinted moisturizer for those days just doing a few errands but don't want to go bare. I think this, a bit of bronzer, maybe a swipe of blush and I am out the door in three minutes. I often use a bronzer on my lids. At least I am presentable if I run into something in market! LOL!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I am in love with all things Jouer! I started using this tinted moisturizer after reading about it in one of the beauty mags several years ago and it's become my clear favorite. I always seem to get compliments on my skin when I wear it (talk about incentive!). And I've been very pleased with every other purchase I've made from Jouer, including the lip sheers. It's all very forgiving!

Unknown said...

I received this in a beauty sample box a while back and was smitten! I just can't seem to stray from my LMDB Peau Vierge, since I started wearing it I have stopped foundation, which is a big thing for me. Just a little concealer and my PV and I am good to go. Love your blog, especially the perfume reviews.