Monday, June 24, 2013

Dior Diorblush Cheek Crème from the Summer Mix Pop Art Collection for Summer 2013

After spending weeks looking unsuccessfully for Dior's Pop Art collection at Neiman Marcus, I found it at Bloomingdale's. There they were - the four Cheek Crèmes ($30) I had been anxious to see and try. There are plenty of other pieces in the collection, but I honed right in on the Cheek Crèmes.

From a pop of color on your cheeks, lips, and nails to a dramatic cat's eye, Dior has you covered with exciting limited editions and the newest  hero products. Born backstage, made for you.

There are four beautiful shades of these fabulous cream blushes. They are all shown directly above. From left to right, they are Capri, Bikini, Pareo, and Panama. It took me all of a nanosecond to select Bikini for myself.

I swatched all four for you in full sunshine outside the store. I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply them. I started at the top of my arm with Bikini, then followed with Capri, Pareo, and Panama. I swatched relatively heavily because these cream blushes apply very sheerly.

With my cool-toned skin, I was attracted to the three pink-rose shades. The orange Panama is not me, but is sure to look great on warm-toned complexions.

Bikini is one of my dream shades: pink-rose-watermelon and luscious. My second choice would have been Capri, the lighter pink. Pareo is bright and will look great on medium complexions. So will Panama.

These cream blushes stay on forever. I left them on my arm when I left  Bloomingdale's. A few hours after I got home, I noticed they were still there, so I washed them off (oh sure) with soap and water. They were still on my skin. Curious, I left them there overnight. When I awakened the next morning, they were still on my arm! I finally removed them mid-day when I pulled out the heavy-duty makeup remover. To say they are long-lasting may be an understatement. Anyone who fears cream blushes will melt during the heat of summer should give these new Cheek Crème a whirl.

They have a lovely texture and apply lightly on the cheeks. You can build the color to the intensity you want. They are easy to apply with your fingertips, a sponge, or brush. I can't find anything wrong with them.

If you'd like to see these treasures, you can find them online at Macy's and definitely in store at Bloomingdale's. I am not sure about other sources. I checked out Nordstrom online and didn't find them.

Photos at top courtesy of Macy's; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

24 comments:

Clarisse said...

They are lovely!!! I haven't seen them here yet, though they are a Summer Collection!.... I'll ask my favorite shop assistant at Sephora's: my choice will be the same as yours, Charlestongirl, Bikini is a winner with me too!
Did you get my e-mail or did it down in the spam bin? :-) Hope you enjoyed your 1rst day at work, it must be exciting to start in a new job! With my best wishes:-)

Dawn said...

Ooh I want Bikini! CG, how would you compare these to Chanel's new cream blushes? If you HAD to pick between the two, which would you pick Dior's or Chanel's? It looks like Chanel's are more cream-to-powder like but are there more differences? I'm trying to decide between Bikini and the pink Chanel one you featured, Inspiration I believe. Thanks CG.

Stacey said...

Hi, Love your blog! Can you please tell me how Capri compares to Le Metier's Mystique Cream Fresh Tint? Thanks

Eugenia said...

I just reviewed Panama today, and you're so right about it being the perfect shade for light to medium skin tones! Bikini is next on my list - absolutely loving these gems!

melisand61 said...

I haven't worn a cream blush in years, but I'm tempted by Bikini. My skin is warm-toned, but I think that I could wear it. Panama is just a bit too orange for my taste.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I did get an e-mail over the weekend? Was so busy getting my work clothes ready again! Today? Good, but tiring. I got up at 4:15. :). Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Dawn, I would pick Dior's in a heartbeat.

Melanie said...

This is off topic, but I just wanted to say congratulations on the new job (didn't get to comment on Friday)! Such excellent news. I hope the first day went well!

Yin said...

Great Review!! How do the Dior and Chanel ones compared to LMDB's Cheek & Lip tints? I am not a huge cream blush person but I do actually like LMDB, but then again what do i NOT like from them :) Thanks!!

Dawn said...

Perfect. Thanks so much CG you just saved me some money which is always good! But now I might need 2 of the Dior blushes, Bikini and Capri. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those are beautiful. I had seen swatches of course and made my selections (incidentally, the same as yours!), but yours is the first I've seen comparing all four. These haven't launched here yet, but they will soon.

They're so pretty and juicy and summery! My summer blush at the moment when I don't want powder is last summer's Guerlain Terracotta liquid blush, the pink one. I would like to expand my options of non-powder products and Dior is amongst my favourites so I can hardly wait!

Oh and congratualtions on your new job! I didn't know.

Leila

Lisa said...

I went on line and bought bikini right away! Thanks!!

Wwendalynne said...

Ooohh those are lovely! I'm particular to Bikini as well as it looks like a natural flush colour for me. I've recently become enamoured with cream blushes again. I'm partial to blush layering and I start with a cream blush as a base followed by a hint on powder on top. I like to layer different colour temperatures to achieve some interesting depth. I love cream blushes because they lend themselves more to a lit from within look and also that pretty dewiness which you do not get with powder. I like dewier (is that word?) cheeks for summer months too. Anyhow, these look wonderful!

Virginie said...

Hi CG, how are they compare to the New cream bushes from Chanel??

Isla said...

I really want to try Bikini, it looks gorgeous!

bedazzled64 said...

I'm so glad you were able to find these! Aren't they divine? I'm warm toned so I picked up Pareo & Panama. They apply like a dream and are so long lasting. They really do apply well especially with my cream blush brush (say that 3 x's). I love all four shades but I think the other two would be too light for me.

Meredith said...

These look like winners. I ordered Pareo at Dior.com yesterday. It looks like the perfect pop of color to freshen the face for summer. I like that they apply sheerly and that they are buildable. Start out with just a bit for a morning glow, apply more in the afternoon for an outdoorsy look and then more in the evening for drama, if desired. Do you think if I use my Camellia Cleansing Oil from Tatcha that it will be easy to remove? I hope you had a good first day at work. Do you have to get up at 4:15 every morning? What does Charlie think of all this?

Claire said...

I thought I'd use Pareo but you sold me on Bikini. Yep, would like to hear your opinion on how this compares to Chanel's and LMdB's. Happy 1st day at work!

Christina said...

Thank you for showing the new cream blushes. Would you happen to know if they are safe on acne prone skin? What was the texture like when you applied it on?

Overall, I am not liking the colour selection. I think Panama is very orange. Bikini is attractive, but not so sure if it would work on my super pale skin with warm undertone with pink on top.

Do you think Bikini would work for me?

Unknown said...

Bikini and Panama are calling out to me. Dior is available at just one counter in my city, will check if they have it..lol would be worth the long drive in the terrible traffic.

Miss Brahms said...

Are the finishes like the YSL cream blushes? Powdery but stainy? Or creamy like Le Metier or Stila Convertible color?
Have you tried the Dior nail glow? I love it - it's perfect for those of us with stubby nails!

Lisa said...

I really like all of the shades, but not sure if I want to go back to a cream blush. Thanks for posting the info though! :)

Cosmetics Aficionado said...

Oh these all look so lovely! I am a HUGE Dior fan.

MarW said...

Hi again!

Thank you so much for your great post, cause of your well written and extremely clear photography I treated myself to one of these beauties: went for the Bikini colour and it works great on my medium toned skin. I can either create a 'no makeup makeup' with in or, by layering a bit, have a great healthy glow without sparkles or looking like a woman you meet while'st thinking: that's a great blush, instead of liking her appearance.

So, THANK YOU, again.

Kindest from

Marja
Den Haag
The Netherlands