Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté New Summer Night's Dream Kaleidoscope Eye Kit - Live and In Person

Captivating the feel of long summer nights, lust, and love, Le Métier de Beauté has introduced a new Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95), which is exclusive to Bergdorf Goodman. It's called Summer Night's Dream. "The smoldering eye is a source of ceaseless fascination all over the world, but this exclusive is just for Manhattan!” said Mikey Castillo, Director of Makeup for Le Métier de Beauté. Sorry, my friend; I refuse to cede such glamour to New York City. At least one Virginian will be sporting this look.

This alluring eye kit mixes four inviting hues from opaque and subdued to lit-from-within sheen. Layered, these shades will leave your eyes are looking lush and dreamy. “As a wardrobe for the eyes, the look is eternally classic, whether worn smoky for night, or simply muted for day.” Now that I have it in front of me, courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté, I can add a ditto to that description.

I just knew that Summer Night's Dream would be prettier than the advance press photo - the Kaleidoscopes always are. The photos directly above and below were taken at my house in full, mid-day sun.

The shades, from top to bottom, are the beauties listed below - and just as I expected, they are glorious on the eyelids. The colors themselves are much prettier than their "stock" descriptions. Yippee! This is a superb palette.
  • Midsummer - silk ivory with opaque pink finish
  • Fairyland - chrome metal and silver flecked
  • Athenians - red-bronzed copper
  • Love-in-Idleness - dark, stormy blue
I don't know where to start. I love every shade in Summer Night's Dream. So, I'll do the easy thing and start at the top. I swatched in the order of the Kaleidoscope on my arm, from the top to the bottom.

Midsummer is (at least on my skin) a silk ivory with a slight gold tone in daylight. In indoor light, I can see the pink hue that Le Métier de Beauté described. Let's just say it's a perfect neutral and an extraordinary complement to Fairyland.

Fairyland is a pewter shade - the kind of color that pewter reflects in candlelight. Like Midsummer, it offers a gleaming finish - not too shimmery and just right for daytime wear.

Athenians is copper (not red-bronzed copper) - pure gleaming, gorgeous copper that makes me think Mikey was envisioning an elegant dinner table, set with gleaming copper chargers under the ivory dinner plates and complimented by an antique pewter water pitcher. Perhaps one of Mauviel's gorgeous, hammered copper casserole pots holds the first course. The tablecloth is ivory silk, probably with a tone-on-tone ivory fleur-de lis design. The napkins? Indigo blue, of course. They won't shed white all over your dinner attire. Love-in-Idleness brings drama to the elegant room. The deep indigo blue it is a beautiful eyeliner and provides an extraordinary accent color when applied lightly. The deep indigo blue was the perfect choice to mix with the other three shades - so much more creative than charcoal. It's the one color in the Kaleidoscope that has a satin finish. The others add a sheen to the skin.

Think I dove off the deep end with the dinner table vision? Mikey collects Fiestaware, and I know he appreciates a beautiful room. He enjoys decorating so much, he frequently updates the rooms in his own home.

Summer Night's Dream is a model Kaleidoscope for using Le Métier de Beauté's signature eye shadow application technique called Couches de Couleur, a layering application that creates a unique prismatic effect. The first shade used is intended to brighten the lid. The second shade should add warmth. The third shade is the color focus for the lid - it should show. The fourth shade adds depth.

I swatched all of these shades heavily. I'm sure you can imagine how they will look when applied with a brush or layered. You can use Summer Night's Dream for your daytime look, adding a veil of relatively neutral colors, or at night for beautiful smoky look.

Summer Night's Eye will be available only at  Bergdorf Goodman, starting this month. To reserve or purchase yours, call (212) 872-8612. Quantities will be limited, so if you want one of the new Kaleidoscopes, make sure to call soon. My recommendation? It's a buy!

If you have read this feature to the end, you are about to read news even more exciting (to me) than the introduction of Summer Night's Dream - itself an event. Le Métier de Beauté has donated one Summer Night's Dream Kaleidoscope Eye Kit for a Best Things in Beauty giveaway contest. Come back tonight. The contest will begin, giving you the opportunity to win this treasure.

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Victoria said...

I read to the end! :D Haha. I think this will be one contest that I will be very tempted to enter, as LMdB Kaleidoscopes get such universal rave reviews although I have yet to try them, mostly due to my determination to hit pan on my 100+ other eyeshadows first. (I know, that's never going to happen ...)

Fairyland is my favorite of the 4 colors. I doubt I could wear Athenians alone (I imagine it'd make my sleep-deprived eyes look even more bloodshot), but I am very curious to know what it would look like layered with 1 or more of the other 3 colors.

morelikespace said...

Wow... I wish I could get my grubby little hands on this and you can be sure I'll come back later! These little beauties are an expensive addiction, but so worth it...

kimmiegc said...

So, so gorgeous! I would wear any of these colors with glee! You'll be hearing from me soon... Best wishes, Kim

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Incredibly beautiful, but too rich for me! I'm going to just have to win one someday!! (not hinting, really!)

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful palette

Yin said...

I'm kinda on the fence about it.... I wish the last color was more blue, it looks kinda muddy. Cooper is not a color i learned how to pull off yet... :-\ LOL Plus I did splurge on the Femme Fatal K not so long ago

lov2read68 said...

The last paragraph took my breath away! I don't always enter your give aways if they are products or colors that I know won't work for me but this is one that I will be watching for more info on later tonight.

tasa said...

It's pretty but I wonder about that copper shade on my lids given my yellow-tinged complexion.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! I have not yet had the pleasure of trying LMdB products, crazy, I know!

So generous of them to donate a Kaleidoscope for a giveaway :)

Charlestongirl said...

So worn out. I'll be back to comments in the morning. Good night!

Anonymous said...

Darn you CG! I didn't *want* to love this palette, but your swatches are gorgeous!

Plus I read all the way to the end and I'm super excited...I have the worst luck, but I know there's a lucky lady out there! :-)

Sarah said...

Wow, it really looks stunning! The lighest shade is my favorite.

onegreatsmile said...

WHOA!!!!! Gorgeous!!

angusmum1 said...

Its so beautiful, almost makes me feel like I couldnt possibly "dig in" to something like this. I have never owned one aqnd just got first taste of this company with peachy keen, such finely milled gorgeous simple shadow and an aqua liner. Cant imagine what would happen if I won this!!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

OK, CG, you got me. I didn't read all the way to the end because I saw the colors and was dazzled by them! (At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). Funny, reminds me of the time my boss was frustrated with me and my co-worker for not reading the articles he gave us. We denied our neglect, but he knew better. He had hidden the words, "Whoever reads this and comes to me first will get a $500 bonus!". Of course, he was right all along...we had ignored his articles. And we lost the $500. He would have followed through! I guess I didn't sufficiently learn my lesson. ;-)

Sue said...

What a lovely contest. The palette is gorgeous.