Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer

Jouer's Essential Lip Enhancer ($14) came to me as a result of a very hot UPS truck. It melted something I had ordered, and Jouer customer service sent me this Lip Enhancer as a gift along with my replacement product. That was great service!

Jouer's Essential Lip Enhancer is a nourishing and conditioning lip treatment with Jouer's clinically proven "Maxi-Lip" to naturally increase the fullness of your lips while decreasing fine lines. With its botanical ingredients, vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba oil, this ultra-rich lip moisturizer protects the lips from environmentally damaging elements while hydrating and volumizing to provide lasting results. It's as simple - or as sophisticated - as that.

Jouer says it's sheer with a hint of pink. On my lips, it looks that way. On my arm, it's almost clear, with a white-leaning cast. It's the perfect size to throw in my pocket and use regularly throughout the day. Jouer recommends that you use it as a night treatment, but for or optimum results, apply it three times a day for 29 days.Why 20? Good question. Our skin cells turn over every 29 days or so. Perhaps that's the reason.

I was crazy enough to try to get a swatch photo in full sun. Can you see the clear gloss layered thickly on my arm? That's it. Look for treatment, not color, from Jouer's Lip  Enhancer.

You can find Jouer's beautiful products at the company's Web site and Henri Bendel (also Skin 6|2 in Las Vegas). Jouer also has an active presence on Facebook, so you may want to like their page to get all the news - and know when the next sale is announced.

Photo at top courtesy of Jouer; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Virginie said...

Well, I can perceive the pink and the consistency if I may say, and I like it!! I need to make a trip to Henri Bendel!!

Midwestern Mama said...

Thank you for the post! I feel in love with Jouer after receiving a sample in my Birchbox and then a sample of their nude gloss with a Nordstrom order. I need to order that gloss and they eye colors you featured.

An aside, I love your blog and would miss you dearly if you left (although I would understand). You are part of my day!

Ami said...

This is one of my favorite lip treatments ever. It's what I reach for whenever my lips are feeling particularly parched and in need of some TLC. There's no scent, taste, or color - but it just feels so soothing and conditioning and that's why I love it. I've gone through two tubes already.

Charlestongirl said...

Virginie,

I don't see it on my arm, but I can on my lips. Regardless, nice stuff!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Midwestern Mama!

Charlestongirl said...

Ami, that's great to know. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Does it plump?

Charlestongirl said...

Not on me, Anonymous, but real plumping usually comes from an irritating ingredient. When the lips are moist, they have the appearance of being more plump. That's the case with this treatment.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I use this product every night, but I'm not knocked-out by it. It's nice,and it moisturizes well, but I don't think it's the "miracle product" that Jouer touts it to be.